EXCLUSIVE: Kimberly Williams-Paisley is poised to make her guest-starring stint on ABC’s new drama Nashville permanent. The According To Jim alumna in August signed on for a multi-episode arc on the soap set against the backdrop of the Nashville music scene. She ended up appearing in six of the original 13 episodes of the freshman drama, which was recently given a full-season pickup. Now she is set to appear in at least three episodes of Nashville‘s back nine with an option to become a series regular in Season 2 if the show is renewed. Nashville follows one established country star, Rayna James (Connie Britton), whose career is faltering, and one rising one (Hayden Panettiere). On the Lionsgate/ABC Studios series, Williams-Paisley plays Peggy Samper, an old flame and former co-worker of Rayna’s husband Teddy Conrad (Eric Close). The two share a dangerous secret, and photographs of the two together are threatening to derail Teddy’s political campaign. This marks the first major series role for Williams-Paisley, repped by Gersh and KLWGN, since her eight-season run on another ABC show, comedy According To Jim, also produced by ABC Studios. The Nashville gig does not require relocation as the actress, who is married to country music star Brad Paisley, lives in Nashville where the series is filmed.
Kimberly Williams-Paisley Getting Promoted To Regular On ABC’s ‘Nashville’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot
- NBC Buys Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti & Martin Gero
- TNT & TBS Head Of Programming Michael Wright To Depart
- Johnny Knoxville Inks First Look Deal With ABC Studios, Sells Family Comedy To ABC