John Cusack is attached to a film about talk radio host Rush Limbaugh but it is very early yet, according to his production company. “New Crime Productions and John Cusack are currently considering a project about the larger-than-life radio personality, Rush Limbaugh. Betty Thomas, who covered similar terrain in her portrait of Howard Stern, is interested in directing. The script would explore the rise and reinvention of American Talk Radio, and Limbaugh’s continued influence and impact over the last three decades in that world,” said True Crimes Productions today. Cusack would play Limbaugh in the proposed movie. Thomas directed the 1997 Stern biopic Private Parts. The Rush film would not be a liberal take on the conservative Clear Channel radio host but take a non-partisan approach, an individual close to Cusack’s production company tells Deadline. A constant critic of George W. Bush’s administration, Cusack has never made any secret of his politically liberal POV. This whole thing first bubbled up late last week when director and former Hill Street Blues actress Thomas told the Associated Press a Rush project just required some “finishing touches” and would go into production next year. Thomas exaggerated how far along the Rush film actually is, says a source. “It is very early days and I don’t even think there is a finished script and even then it could certainly change,” the individual said. Cusack is repped by CAA.
John Cusack Is Eyeing Rush Limbaugh Film, Actor’s Prod. Company Confirms
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Motion Pictures Sound Editors’ Golden Reel Awards: 'Hacksaw Ridge,' 'Westworld' Among Winners - Full List
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
'The Good Fight' Premiere: Showrunners On New Streaming Setup, Deleted Trump Scene, Alicia & Eli Possibly Coming Back
Latest Film News
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards
- WGA Awards: ‘Moonlight’ & ‘Arrival’ Win Top Film Prizes; FX’s ‘Atlanta’ & ‘The Americans’ Lead TV – Complete…