John Cusack is attached to a film about talk radio host Rush Limbaugh but it is very early yet, according to his production company. “New Crime Productions and John Cusack are currently considering a project about the larger-than-life radio personality, Rush Limbaugh. Betty Thomas, who covered similar terrain in her portrait of Howard Stern, is interested in directing. The script would explore the rise and reinvention of American Talk Radio, and Limbaugh’s continued influence and impact over the last three decades in that world,” said True Crimes Productions today. Cusack would play Limbaugh in the proposed movie. Thomas directed the 1997 Stern biopic Private Parts. The Rush film would not be a liberal take on the conservative Clear Channel radio host but take a non-partisan approach, an individual close to Cusack’s production company tells Deadline. A constant critic of George W. Bush’s administration, Cusack has never made any secret of his politically liberal POV. This whole thing first bubbled up late last week when director and former Hill Street Blues actress Thomas told the Associated Press a Rush project just required some “finishing touches” and would go into production next year. Thomas exaggerated how far along the Rush film actually is, says a source. “It is very early days and I don’t even think there is a finished script and even then it could certainly change,” the individual said. Cusack is repped by CAA.
John Cusack Is Eyeing Rush Limbaugh Film, Actor’s Prod. Company Confirms
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- ‘Jason Bourne’ On Way To $55M To $60M; ‘Bad Moms’ Reaching For $30M; ‘Nerve’ Could Find $15M…
- ‘Astronaut Academy’ Rights Acquired With Aim To Blast Off In Film & TV
- James Schamus Debuts 'Indignation'; Oscar-Winner Barbara Kopple Charts 'Miss Sharon Jones!' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Review: Matt Damon Is Back On The Run – And That’s A Very Good Thing
- Rosamund Pike, Daniel Bruhl & Vincent Cassel In Talks To Board Jose Padilha’s ‘Entebbe’
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ Casts Young Newcomer Philip Zhou