John Cusack is attached to a film about talk radio host Rush Limbaugh but it is very early yet, according to his production company. “New Crime Productions and John Cusack are currently considering a project about the larger-than-life radio personality, Rush Limbaugh. Betty Thomas, who covered similar terrain in her portrait of Howard Stern, is interested in directing. The script would explore the rise and reinvention of American Talk Radio, and Limbaugh’s continued influence and impact over the last three decades in that world,” said True Crimes Productions today. Cusack would play Limbaugh in the proposed movie. Thomas directed the 1997 Stern biopic Private Parts. The Rush film would not be a liberal take on the conservative Clear Channel radio host but take a non-partisan approach, an individual close to Cusack’s production company tells Deadline. A constant critic of George W. Bush’s administration, Cusack has never made any secret of his politically liberal POV. This whole thing first bubbled up late last week when director and former Hill Street Blues actress Thomas told the Associated Press a Rush project just required some “finishing touches” and would go into production next year. Thomas exaggerated how far along the Rush film actually is, says a source. “It is very early days and I don’t even think there is a finished script and even then it could certainly change,” the individual said. Cusack is repped by CAA.
John Cusack Is Eyeing Rush Limbaugh Film, Actor’s Prod. Company Confirms
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The Contenders…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind The…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The Contenders…
- ‘Loveless’ Director Andrey Zvyagintsev On Filmmaking In Modern-Day Russia