Working Title is developing holiday film School For Santas as a vehicle for actor James Corden. The movie will reteam Corden with One Man, Two Guvnors playwright Richard Bean who is scripting. A director has yet to be named. School For Santas follows a down-on-his-luck dad who needs to find his inner Father Christmas to win back his kids. Shooting will take place next year in New York and London. Corden won a Best Actor Tony Award for One Man, Two Guvnors earlier this year. Since then, the Gavin & Stacey co-creator and star has booked roles in Keira Knightley pic Can A Song Save Your Life? and in David Frankel’s One Chance, playing Paul Potts, the British cell phone salesman who won Britain’s Got Talent in 2007. Kick-Ass producer Kris Thykier is producing School For Santas and One Chance.
James Corden To Star In Working Title’s ‘School For Santas’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward