Working Title is developing holiday film School For Santas as a vehicle for actor James Corden. The movie will reteam Corden with One Man, Two Guvnors playwright Richard Bean who is scripting. A director has yet to be named. School For Santas follows a down-on-his-luck dad who needs to find his inner Father Christmas to win back his kids. Shooting will take place next year in New York and London. Corden won a Best Actor Tony Award for One Man, Two Guvnors earlier this year. Since then, the Gavin & Stacey co-creator and star has booked roles in Keira Knightley pic Can A Song Save Your Life? and in David Frankel’s One Chance, playing Paul Potts, the British cell phone salesman who won Britain’s Got Talent in 2007. Kick-Ass producer Kris Thykier is producing School For Santas and One Chance.
James Corden To Star In Working Title’s ‘School For Santas’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'
- UPDATE: UK Jewish Film Fest, London's Tricycle Cinema Reach Entente