The cast, writer Leigh Whannell and director James Wan are returning for Insidious Chapter 2, which FilmDistrict will release August 30, 2013. The first horror pic, released in April 2011, was one of the most profitable films of that year, grossing $97 million worldwide on a budget of $1.5 million. Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions bought U.S. rights to the sequel with FilmDistrict and will handle ancillary U.S. rights and distribute in some overseas territories. Alliance Films is financing and distributing in Canada, the UK and Spain. Jason Blum, who produced Insidious, is producing through his Blumhouse Productions. Brian Kavanaugh Jones, Oren Peli, Steven Schneider, and Charles Layton are executive producing the pic, which is set to begin production January 15 in Los Angeles. Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne reprise their roles in the movie, about a couple and their son, confronting the demons that possess the young boy.
‘Insidious’ Sequel Set For Aug 30, 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules; SAG-AFTRA “Extremely Disappointed”…
- Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives…
- ‘Ismael’s Ghosts’ Trailer: Marion Cotillard Haunts A Former Lover In Arnaud Desplechin Drama
- ‘Cowboy Ninja Viking’ Adds ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Scribe Eric Pearson