The producer of the anti-Islam film The Innocence Of Muslims has been sentenced to a year in federal prison for probation violations. Mark Basseley Youssef, aka Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, admitted in a hearing in Los Angeles today to four allegations of using fake identities. Judge Christina Snyder also ruled that Youssef must submit to four years of supervised release after he gets out of jail. In exchange for his guilty plea, four other violation allegations were dropped by federal authorities. Youssef was arrested September 27 on eight counts of probation violations and has been in custody ever since. His last hearing on the matter was on October 10, when a November 9 hearing was set. That hearing, now abandoned, was to have the U.S. Attorney prove that Youssef broke terms of his probation on a 2009 bank fraud conviction by making and uploading The Innocence Of Muslims’ 14-minute trailer onto YouTube. That action set off a chain of violent and deadly protests in the Muslim world in September. The allegations related to the film were not a part of the violations that lead to today’s sentencing.
‘Innocence Of Muslims’ Producer Sentenced To Year In Prison
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21.7M As 'Rampage' Beats Chest, 'Super Trooper 2' Surprises - Sunday AM Update
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To 'Terminator', And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On 'Avatar' Sequels
'Rampage' Rounds $216M Overseas; 'A Quiet Place' Cranks WW Volume To $207M - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2018 – Part 2: John Legend, Jeffrey Wright, Alia Shawkat, Jay Ellis & More
- Andrea Nevins Documents Moment Of Barbie’s Transformation With ‘Tiny Shoulders’ — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…
- ‘The Caretaker’ Filmmakers Launch VR Company Hidden Content At Tribeca
- Sarasota Film Festival Caps 20th Anniversary Edition With Jury Prizes For ‘I Am Not A Witch’ And ‘Minding The Gap…
- British Politicians Urge Inclusion Riders To Be Introduced To Secure Film & High-End TV Tax Relief