EXCLUSIVE: One of the sleeper entries in this year’s Oscar race is the emotionally wrenching true story, The Impossible which chronicles a family split apart in the terrifying Tsunami in Thailand in 2004 and their efforts to survive and find each other, despite horrific injury and unspeakable devastation at the resort area where they were vacationing. Naomi Watts, Ewan McGregor and Tom Holland star in the film directed by Spain’s Juan Antonio Bayona (The Orphanage). Distributor Summit will release the film domestically (already a smash hit in Spain since opening there in mid-October) on December 21, but already has sent out 38,000 DVD screeners to all guilds and the Academy in order to gain a foothold in the race against higher profile, better known competitors. Here is a look at the making of the film in a featurette that also includes an interview with the real-life wife and mother who fights against major odds just to see her kids and husband one more time.
‘The Impossible’ Exclusive Featurette: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘This Is Us’ Makeup Artist Zoe Hay On Finding The Right Approach To Subtle Aging Makeup
- Emmy Predictions: Actress In A Comedy Series
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Bob Odenkirk On His Approach to Dramatic Acting And Identifying As Writer First
- How ‘Feud’ Composer Mac Quayle Mined New Territory With ’60s Orchestral Score
- Emmy Predictions: Actor In A Comedy Series
- ‘StarTalk’ Host Neil Degrasse Tyson On The Value Of Curiosity & The Tag Line He Originally Had In Mind…