Kirk Ellis, writer/co-executive producer of the HBO miniseries John Adams, has signed with ICM Partners. He was with CAA. Ellis won an Emmy for writing the seven-part mini and shared in John Adams‘ award for best movie/miniseries. Ellis has several other projects in the works at HBO, two with John Adams‘ co-producer Playtone — miniseries 1776 and series based on the James Ellroy novel American Tabloid — as well as film The Day The Laughter Stopped, about Fatty Arbuckle’s career, which has Eric Stonestreet attached to star. Ellis’ previous credits include several ABC long-form projects — miniseries Anne Frank, Life With Judy Garland: Me And My Shadows and The Beach Boys: An American Family, as well as telefilm The Three Stooges. He also created/co-exec produced the TNT mini Into The West. Ellis continues to be managed by Thruline and repped by attorney Bob Myman.
ICM Partners Signs Writer Kirk Ellis
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
Latest TV News
- Netflix Giving NYT Magazine’s ‘Diagnosis’ Column The Docuseries Treatment
- ‘Monty Python’ Heads To Netflix As SVOD Service Picks Up Entire Comedy Catalog
- Channel 4 & Netflix Take Inspiration From ‘Apocalypse Now’ For Teen Drama ‘Kiss Me First’
- Amazon Snaps Up ‘Falco’; Euro TV Firms Set Internet Protections; Tuchman Joins NextUp – Global Briefs
- ‘The Assassination of Gianni Versace’ Writer Tom Rob Smith Says British Drama Is Moving Into Line With U.S.
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Steven Knight On Fans & Heroes As He Nabs First BAFTA Nomination For Writing Gangster Saga