Sony Animation’s Hotel Transylvania launched huge at the end of last month and finished its opening frame No. 1 with $43 million, breaking the all-time September opening-weekend record and becoming the unit’s top-grossing debut ever. Its domestic cume has reached $137.5 million so far and it’s on the shortlist for the animated feature Oscar. It’s no surprise that the studio wants another one and has set a September 25, 2015 release date for it. So far the competition that week is Fox’s animated ghost pic B.O.O.: Bureau Of Otherworldly Operations, starring Seth Rogen.
Sony Books Date For ‘Hotel Transylvania 2’
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Latest Film News
- Jack Henry Robbins Continues Exploration Of VHS Format With ‘Painting With Joan’ — Sundance Studio
- Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds Takes On Mormon Church Policy With HBO Doc ‘Believer’…
- Netflix Reports Fourth-Quarter Earnings Beat Estimates, Thanks To ‘The Crown’ And ‘Bright’
- Paramount Lands ‘Reset’ Pitch; Marcus Kryler & Fredrik Akerstrom Helming
- Motion Picture Sound Editors Reveal Golden Reel Nominations
- Deadline Studio at Sundance 2018 – Day 3 – Octavia Spencer, Usher, Ellen Burstyn, Armie Hammer, & More