I already told you this was happening today beginning at noon ET for the first film in Peter Jackson’s trilogy, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, which Warner Bros will release December 14. Tickets are now available online and at theaters nationwide for all formats of the movie, which was shot in the nascent 3D 48 frames-per-second format and will be released in High Frame Rate 3D (HFR 3D), other 3D formats, IMAX and 2D. Chains like Regal are even explaining the new HFR 3D format as sales kick off (check that out here). Moviegoers who purchase advance tickets through MovieTickets.com will receive a free music download of the track “Old Friends” from the film’s score composed by Howard Shore. All three films are productions of New Line Cinema and MGM Pictures, with New Line managing production and Warner Bros Pictures handling worldwide theatrical distribution.
‘Hobbit’ Advance Tickets Available Today
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Box Office News
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- Scott Rudin & Aaron Sorkin Will Bring ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’ To Broadway
- Disney Theatricals Sets Broadway Timeline For Fresh ‘Frozen’ Musical In 2018
- ‘Deadpool’ To Rule Holiday Weekend, But Women Have Eyes For ‘Zoolander 2’ & ‘How To Be Single…
- Warner Bros. Moves ‘Ready Player One’ Out Of 2017 & Away From Next ‘Star Wars’