I already told you this was happening today beginning at noon ET for the first film in Peter Jackson’s trilogy, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, which Warner Bros will release December 14. Tickets are now available online and at theaters nationwide for all formats of the movie, which was shot in the nascent 3D 48 frames-per-second format and will be released in High Frame Rate 3D (HFR 3D), other 3D formats, IMAX and 2D. Chains like Regal are even explaining the new HFR 3D format as sales kick off (check that out here). Moviegoers who purchase advance tickets through MovieTickets.com will receive a free music download of the track “Old Friends” from the film’s score composed by Howard Shore. All three films are productions of New Line Cinema and MGM Pictures, with New Line managing production and Warner Bros Pictures handling worldwide theatrical distribution.
‘Hobbit’ Advance Tickets Available Today
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Storms China With $12.3M Opening Day; Sets Franchise Best
- ‘Pets’ Collars $674M WW; ‘Suicide Squad’ Necks $575M Through Sunday – Intl B.O. Final
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Looks To Hook Moviegoers Heading Into Labor Day; Changes Up Release Pattern
- The Perils Of Remakes Like ‘Ben-Hur’ As Moviegoers Continue To Worship ‘Suicide Squad’ – Monday…
- ‘Finding Neverland’ Ascends To Heaviside Layer; ‘Wicked’ Off $204K – Broadway B.O.
- Natalie Portman's 'A Tale Of Love And Darkness' Solid in Debut, 'Hell Or High Water' Sizzles In Expansion…