The NFL Network scheduled an interview last Friday with Silver Linings Playbook stars Bradley Cooper and Chris Tucker, as The Weinstein Company pic centers on a Philadelphia Eagles-loving family with football as a central theme. But the league-owned network pulled the segment at the last minute, saying the film’s gambling content wasn’t a proper fit (co-star Robert De Niro as Cooper’s father runs a small bookie operation that takes bets on NFL games). Harvey Weinstein cried foul (using the “c” word — censorship) and tells Reuters TV (see the full interview, which includes talk about Seal Team Six, here) that he still thinks the NFL blew the call:
Harvey Weinstein Tackles NFL Network’s ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ Snub: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'