The NFL Network scheduled an interview last Friday with Silver Linings Playbook stars Bradley Cooper and Chris Tucker, as The Weinstein Company pic centers on a Philadelphia Eagles-loving family with football as a central theme. But the league-owned network pulled the segment at the last minute, saying the film’s gambling content wasn’t a proper fit (co-star Robert De Niro as Cooper’s father runs a small bookie operation that takes bets on NFL games). Harvey Weinstein cried foul (using the “c” word — censorship) and tells Reuters TV (see the full interview, which includes talk about Seal Team Six, here) that he still thinks the NFL blew the call:
Harvey Weinstein Tackles NFL Network’s ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ Snub: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Keith OIbermann's ESPN2 Program Moving; He'll Anchor Some 'SportsCenter' Shows (Video)
- Hot Trailer: 'The Pyramid'
- Lionsgate Nabs Schwarzenegger Starrer 'Maggie'; Oscilloscope Rocks With 'Jingle Bell' Docu
- Kathryn Prescott Joins CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- Hot TV Teaser: 'The Affair'
- Participant Joins DreamWorks On Spielberg Cold War Pic & 'The Light Between Oceans'