Magnet Releasing has acquired U.S. rights to Hammer Of The Gods, a Viking action pic starring Charlie Bewley and James Cosmo that is the feature directorial debut of Farren Blackburn. Rupert Preston and Hubi Von Leil produced the film from Vertigo Films and Protagonist Pictures. Magnet, the genre arm of Magnolia Pictures, will release Hammer next year via its Ultra VOD program. Set in the violent world of Viking Britain in 871 AD, Hammer is the story of a young Viking warrior (Bewley) sent by his father the King (Cosmo) on an epic quest to find his estranged brother, who has been banished from the kingdom. The distribution deal was made after a promo screened at AFM and was negotiated for Magnet by SVP Dori Begley with Mike Goodridge of Protagonist.
AFM: Magnet Releasing Acquires ‘Hammer Of The Gods’
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Donald Trump Threatens Iran, Blasts Michael Cohen Question, Plucks Dandruff Off Emmanuel Macron At Mad Photo Op
Latest Film News
- ‘House 2’: “I Hope Secretary Of Defense James Mattis Sees Haditha Massacre Doc” Says Director Michael Epstein…
- Imax Inks Deals With AMC & Cineworld To Expand New Laser System – CinemaCon
- Epic Pictures Unveils ‘The Golem’ As First Original Production For Dread Central Presents
- A Subdued Lars Von Trier Talks Cannes Comeback Movie & Addiction: "I Felt Horrible During Filming"
- BAFTA Sets Film Awards Dates; ‘Nowhere’ Starts Lensing In Canada – Global Briefs
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $217M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…