Magnet Releasing has acquired U.S. rights to Hammer Of The Gods, a Viking action pic starring Charlie Bewley and James Cosmo that is the feature directorial debut of Farren Blackburn. Rupert Preston and Hubi Von Leil produced the film from Vertigo Films and Protagonist Pictures. Magnet, the genre arm of Magnolia Pictures, will release Hammer next year via its Ultra VOD program. Set in the violent world of Viking Britain in 871 AD, Hammer is the story of a young Viking warrior (Bewley) sent by his father the King (Cosmo) on an epic quest to find his estranged brother, who has been banished from the kingdom. The distribution deal was made after a promo screened at AFM and was negotiated for Magnet by SVP Dori Begley with Mike Goodridge of Protagonist.
AFM: Magnet Releasing Acquires ‘Hammer Of The Gods’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Latest Film News
- Producer Joel Silver Sued For Wrongful Death In 2015 Drowning Of Assistant In Bora Bora
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris
- Warner Bros Touts $1B ‘Conjuring’ Universe With ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Success
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Sony Pictures Hires Exec From Focus, Promotes Another Ahead Of Toronto