Magnet Releasing has acquired U.S. rights to Hammer Of The Gods, a Viking action pic starring Charlie Bewley and James Cosmo that is the feature directorial debut of Farren Blackburn. Rupert Preston and Hubi Von Leil produced the film from Vertigo Films and Protagonist Pictures. Magnet, the genre arm of Magnolia Pictures, will release Hammer next year via its Ultra VOD program. Set in the violent world of Viking Britain in 871 AD, Hammer is the story of a young Viking warrior (Bewley) sent by his father the King (Cosmo) on an epic quest to find his estranged brother, who has been banished from the kingdom. The distribution deal was made after a promo screened at AFM and was negotiated for Magnet by SVP Dori Begley with Mike Goodridge of Protagonist.
AFM: Magnet Releasing Acquires ‘Hammer Of The Gods’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds Takes On Mormon Church Policy With HBO Doc 'Believer' — Sundance Studio
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…