Magnet Releasing has acquired U.S. rights to Hammer Of The Gods, a Viking action pic starring Charlie Bewley and James Cosmo that is the feature directorial debut of Farren Blackburn. Rupert Preston and Hubi Von Leil produced the film from Vertigo Films and Protagonist Pictures. Magnet, the genre arm of Magnolia Pictures, will release Hammer next year via its Ultra VOD program. Set in the violent world of Viking Britain in 871 AD, Hammer is the story of a young Viking warrior (Bewley) sent by his father the King (Cosmo) on an epic quest to find his estranged brother, who has been banished from the kingdom. The distribution deal was made after a promo screened at AFM and was negotiated for Magnet by SVP Dori Begley with Mike Goodridge of Protagonist.
AFM: Magnet Releasing Acquires ‘Hammer Of The Gods’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'