Magnet Releasing has acquired U.S. rights to Hammer Of The Gods, a Viking action pic starring Charlie Bewley and James Cosmo that is the feature directorial debut of Farren Blackburn. Rupert Preston and Hubi Von Leil produced the film from Vertigo Films and Protagonist Pictures. Magnet, the genre arm of Magnolia Pictures, will release Hammer next year via its Ultra VOD program. Set in the violent world of Viking Britain in 871 AD, Hammer is the story of a young Viking warrior (Bewley) sent by his father the King (Cosmo) on an epic quest to find his estranged brother, who has been banished from the kingdom. The distribution deal was made after a promo screened at AFM and was negotiated for Magnet by SVP Dori Begley with Mike Goodridge of Protagonist.
AFM: Magnet Releasing Acquires ‘Hammer Of The Gods’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast