ABC‘s Good Morning America won the November sweeps, as expected, for the first time in nearly two decades. GMA won in both total viewers averaging 5.31 million and adults 25-54 (2.023 million), according to Nielsen Media Research. GMA scored its first sweeps victory in the important adult demo since July 1994. In addition, GMA led a November sweep in total viewers for the first time in 17 years – since November 1995. GMA surpassed NBC’s Today‘s 4.847 million and 1.995 million by 467,000 total viewers and 28,000 in the 25-54 demo. For the month, GMA’s margins over Today were its largest in total viewers during any sweep in more than 17 years and biggest in adults 25-54 in more than 18 years – since May 1995 and May 1994, respectively. Additionally GMA was up over the year-ago sweep (4.950 million and 1.944 million) in total viewers and Adults 25-54.
‘Good Morning America’ Wins 1st November Sweeps Since Mid-’90s
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Team
- Netflix Gets Into French Originals Business With 'Marseille'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off As Anchor Of 'World News' (Video)
- R.I.P. Character Actor Stephen Lee
- UPDATE: 'Magic Mike' Sequel Moved Up To Wednesday Before Fourth Of July
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Summer Season's Second Strongest Numbers With Major Spoiler
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Gets September 2015 Release Date