Fox announced today it will air the animated DreamWorks Dragons: Gift Of The Night Fury on December 17 at 8 PM. The half-hour special is based on DreamWorks Animation’s How To Train Your Dragon pic, which is spawning a pair of sequels after the first film grossed $500 million worldwide. Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera and Gerard Butler are among the feature film’s voice cast back for the special. The news comes a day after DWA boss Jeffery Katzenberg said he has wanted to get his content on Fox’s primetime now that DWA and News Corp’s film arm 20th Century Fox are distribution partners beginning January 1. Katzenberg also touted yesterday Fox parent News Corp’s “enthusiasm” for his effort to create a branded channel for the studio, an initiative he is discussing with Fox international execs. DWA previously had a TV distribution deal with Nickelodeon, owned by its soon-to-be-former distribution partner Viacom. Katzenberg reiterated hat he continues to have good relations with, and confidence in, the kids’ channel, which has been struggling to revive its ratings.
Fox To Air DreamWorks Dragons Holiday Special
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company
- Ghost-Hunter Drama Set To Haunt BBC America & BBC One
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Heads To Hulu Plus
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Hasty Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'