Fox announced today it will air the animated DreamWorks Dragons: Gift Of The Night Fury on December 17 at 8 PM. The half-hour special is based on DreamWorks Animation’s How To Train Your Dragon pic, which is spawning a pair of sequels after the first film grossed $500 million worldwide. Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera and Gerard Butler are among the feature film’s voice cast back for the special. The news comes a day after DWA boss Jeffery Katzenberg said he has wanted to get his content on Fox’s primetime now that DWA and News Corp’s film arm 20th Century Fox are distribution partners beginning January 1. Katzenberg also touted yesterday Fox parent News Corp’s “enthusiasm” for his effort to create a branded channel for the studio, an initiative he is discussing with Fox international execs. DWA previously had a TV distribution deal with Nickelodeon, owned by its soon-to-be-former distribution partner Viacom. Katzenberg reiterated hat he continues to have good relations with, and confidence in, the kids’ channel, which has been struggling to revive its ratings.
Fox To Air DreamWorks Dragons Holiday Special
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations