EXCLUSIVE: Evan Rachel Wood has landed the female lead in 10 Things I Hate About Life, the film that is being mounted by the producing and directing duo behind the 1999 film 10 Things I Hate About You. That’s writer-director Gil Junger and producer Andrew Lazar, who’s producing with Junger and Intandem Films CEO Gary Smith. The Los Angeles-set romantic comedy isn’t a sequel to the 1999 film that starred Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Rather, it’s about a young man and woman who meet while each is attempting to commit suicide, and they find in each other some great reasons to keep on living. Production begins shortly in LA. Last seen in The Ides Of March, Wood has several films coming up including The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman. She’s repped by CAA.
Evan Rachel Wood To Star In ‘10 Things I Hate About Life’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’