EXCLUSIVE: Evan Rachel Wood has landed the female lead in 10 Things I Hate About Life, the film that is being mounted by the producing and directing duo behind the 1999 film 10 Things I Hate About You. That’s writer-director Gil Junger and producer Andrew Lazar, who’s producing with Junger and Intandem Films CEO Gary Smith. The Los Angeles-set romantic comedy isn’t a sequel to the 1999 film that starred Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Rather, it’s about a young man and woman who meet while each is attempting to commit suicide, and they find in each other some great reasons to keep on living. Production begins shortly in LA. Last seen in The Ides Of March, Wood has several films coming up including The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman. She’s repped by CAA.
Evan Rachel Wood To Star In ‘10 Things I Hate About Life’
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Explodes At The B.O.: Top 20 Pics +104% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $73M 5-Day - Friday Night Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First