EXCLUSIVE: Evan Rachel Wood has landed the female lead in 10 Things I Hate About Life, the film that is being mounted by the producing and directing duo behind the 1999 film 10 Things I Hate About You. That’s writer-director Gil Junger and producer Andrew Lazar, who’s producing with Junger and Intandem Films CEO Gary Smith. The Los Angeles-set romantic comedy isn’t a sequel to the 1999 film that starred Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Rather, it’s about a young man and woman who meet while each is attempting to commit suicide, and they find in each other some great reasons to keep on living. Production begins shortly in LA. Last seen in The Ides Of March, Wood has several films coming up including The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman. She’s repped by CAA.
Evan Rachel Wood To Star In ‘10 Things I Hate About Life’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- Margot Robbie Near Deal To Join ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct
- Mel Gibson Scores Hollywood Film Awards Director Honor
- Shannon Purser Joins Joey King In ‘Wish Upon’ For Broad Green Pictures
- Kristin Harris Named VP Acquisitions & Distribution At Good Deed Entertainment
- Monterey Media Nabs Sundance Pic ‘Sophie And The Rising Sun’