Erica Hill will join NBC’s Weekend Today as co-anchor alongside Lester Holt, news anchor Jenna Wolfe, and meteorologist Dylan Dreyer beginning Sunday, NBC News president Steve Capus said today. Hill also has been named an NBC News national correspondent, and she will report for Today, NBC Nightly News and MSNBC. “Erica’s extraordinary track record as a journalist has proven that she can cover everything from hard news to pop culture with ease and professionalism,” he said. Wolfe is expanding her role to Saturday’s and Sunday’s broadcasts, and Dreyer will also contribute to MSNBC. The move comes a couple of weeks after reports surfaced that Hill, the former CBS Morning Show co-host, was coming aboard at NBC. She was replaced by Norah O’Donnell over the summer at CBS as the last member of the team remaining after the network’s revamp of the show. She previously worked on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360.
It’s Official: Erica Hill Joins Weekend ‘Today’ As Co-Anchor
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
More From Team
- CBS Sets 'Late Late Show' Guest Host Lineup Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy