Erica Hill will join NBC’s Weekend Today as co-anchor alongside Lester Holt, news anchor Jenna Wolfe, and meteorologist Dylan Dreyer beginning Sunday, NBC News president Steve Capus said today. Hill also has been named an NBC News national correspondent, and she will report for Today, NBC Nightly News and MSNBC. “Erica’s extraordinary track record as a journalist has proven that she can cover everything from hard news to pop culture with ease and professionalism,” he said. Wolfe is expanding her role to Saturday’s and Sunday’s broadcasts, and Dreyer will also contribute to MSNBC. The move comes a couple of weeks after reports surfaced that Hill, the former CBS Morning Show co-host, was coming aboard at NBC. She was replaced by Norah O’Donnell over the summer at CBS as the last member of the team remaining after the network’s revamp of the show. She previously worked on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360.
It’s Official: Erica Hill Joins Weekend ‘Today’ As Co-Anchor
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video