Erica Hill will join NBC’s Weekend Today as co-anchor alongside Lester Holt, news anchor Jenna Wolfe, and meteorologist Dylan Dreyer beginning Sunday, NBC News president Steve Capus said today. Hill also has been named an NBC News national correspondent, and she will report for Today, NBC Nightly News and MSNBC. “Erica’s extraordinary track record as a journalist has proven that she can cover everything from hard news to pop culture with ease and professionalism,” he said. Wolfe is expanding her role to Saturday’s and Sunday’s broadcasts, and Dreyer will also contribute to MSNBC. The move comes a couple of weeks after reports surfaced that Hill, the former CBS Morning Show co-host, was coming aboard at NBC. She was replaced by Norah O’Donnell over the summer at CBS as the last member of the team remaining after the network’s revamp of the show. She previously worked on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360.
It’s Official: Erica Hill Joins Weekend ‘Today’ As Co-Anchor
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season
- RATINGS RAT RACE: Revamped 'Dancing With The Stars' Snags Smallest Crowd For Fall Debut