End Of Watch, which opened to No. 1 at the box office in September, will be back in theaters nationwide December 7 to give awards voters another crack at the LA cop drama written and directed by David Ayer. Distributor Open Road Films said guild members and awards organizations — the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science, ACE, ADG, ASC, BAFTA, CAS, DGA, HFPA, MPEG, MPSE, PGA, SAG NOM COM, WGA. — can use their cards to get in free depending on individual theater policy. End Of Watch stars Jake Gyllenhaal as a tough LA cop and Michael Peña as his partner; Peña was just nominated for supporting male actor by the Spirit Awards, which also gave a nom to DP Roman Vasyanov. The pic was produced by Ayer’s Crave Films, John Lesher under his Le Grisbi Productions, and Nigel Sinclair and Matt Jackson of Exclusive Media, which also financed the film, in association with Emmett/Furla Films.
‘End Of Watch’ Returns To Theaters Dec. 7 In Awards-Season Push
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories