End Of Watch, which opened to No. 1 at the box office in September, will be back in theaters nationwide December 7 to give awards voters another crack at the LA cop drama written and directed by David Ayer. Distributor Open Road Films said guild members and awards organizations — the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science, ACE, ADG, ASC, BAFTA, CAS, DGA, HFPA, MPEG, MPSE, PGA, SAG NOM COM, WGA. — can use their cards to get in free depending on individual theater policy. End Of Watch stars Jake Gyllenhaal as a tough LA cop and Michael Peña as his partner; Peña was just nominated for supporting male actor by the Spirit Awards, which also gave a nom to DP Roman Vasyanov. The pic was produced by Ayer’s Crave Films, John Lesher under his Le Grisbi Productions, and Nigel Sinclair and Matt Jackson of Exclusive Media, which also financed the film, in association with Emmett/Furla Films.
‘End Of Watch’ Returns To Theaters Dec. 7 In Awards-Season Push
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking