Sesame Street team member Emily Squires, who directed multiple episodes of the show and worked on soap operas including The Guiding Light and As the World Turns, died Wednesday at Mount Sina Hospital in New York City. She was 71 and her husband Len Belzer said today the cause of death has not been determined. Squires also directed several Sesame Street TV specials as well as other children’s programs such as the PBS show Between the Lions, which promoted reading and learning. She also was a scriptwriter for soap operas including Search for Tomorrow and The Secret Storm. Squires earned 15 Daytime Emmy nominations for Writing in a Drama Series, Drama Series Writing Team and Directing in a Children’s series.
R.I.P. Emily Squires
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'