EXCLUSIVE: Ed Burns and writer-director Doug Atchison are teaming to put Turk on the ice. The duo will develop a feature film about former Boston Bruins player Derek “Turk” Sanderson, the talented but troubled member of the Stanley Cup-winning Bruins in the 1970s. Burns will co-star as Sanderson’s father and also serve as co-producer on the project, which is scheduled to begin filming next year in Boston. Akeelah And The Bee director-writer Atchison will helm Turk from his own screenplay, a rewrite of an earlier draft by Chris Pappas. Booze and drugs sent Sanderson’s life into a downward spiral, and the film will chronicle that fall and how his superstar teammate Bobby Orr helped him get his life back together. The role of Sanderson has not been cast. Tenth Green Productions will produced the film with Burns and Aaron Lubin’s Marlboro Road Gang. Atchison is repped by UTA and the Pitt Group; Burns is repped by UTA and Cinetic Management.
Ed Burns & Doug Atchison Sign On For Hockey Movie ‘Turk’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’