Dwayne Johnson really will play the classic strongman Hercules onscreen. The Brett Ratner-directed Hercules action film will be co-produced by Paramount and MGM, the companies announced today. Johnson and Ratner’s names have been attached to the project since early spring. The screenplay was adapted by Ryan Condal from Radical Studios’ graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars; Evan Spiliotopoulos did script revisions. Beau Flynn, Barry Levine and Ratner will produce. Peter Berg, Sarah Aubrey and Jesse Berger will executive produce. Production is scheduled to start in early 2013. Condal is repped by WME. Ratner is repped by CAA. Johnson is repped by WME and The Garcia Companies.
Paramount & MGM Team Up For ‘Hercules’; Dwayne Johnson To Star, Brett Ratner To Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Vladar Company & Generation Iron Fitness Network Pump Bodybuilding Doc ‘Ronnie Coleman The King’
- ‘Ask For Jane’: Competing Underground Abortion Project Underway
- Sony Pictures Classics Will Win Annette Bening-Starrer ‘Film Stars Don’t Die In Liverpool’
- Who’s On The James Bond Director Short List?
- ‘The Star’ Trailer: Animals Save The First Christmas In The Greatest Story Never Told
- Verve Launches Communications Arm, Hires Sarah Shulman To Run It