Sounds like CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg has a lot on his agenda when he talks to his new distribution partners at Fox. He told analysts this evening that international execs at News Corp’s entertainment arm have “enthusiasm” for his effort to create a branded channel for the studio. That’s an idea that he floated publicly three months ago after his company announced its plan to buy Classic Media, which has an extensive library of baby boom generation cartoons. “It’s more than just a dream,” Katzenberg says, adding that he’s engaged in “good, substantive conversations” to make it “a dream that’s being realized.” In July he said that a channel could be for conventional TV or digital platforms, and could appear either in the U.S. or abroad. There are “different opportunities and barriers with each of those,” he says. But when it comes to TV, he says that his “next ambition is to get on Fox prime time.” That doesn’t mean he wants to pull away from Nickelodeon, owned by his soon-to-be-former distribution partner: Viacom. Katzenberg says that he continues to have good relations with, and confidence in, the kids’ channel which has been struggling to revive its ratings.
DreamWorks Animation Channel Idea Is “Being Realized”, But Katzenberg Also Wants To Be On Fox In Primetime
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Obama Can't Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
Latest Business News
- Feds Want ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller To Get 2.5 Years In Prison For Fraud Case
- Nicollette Sheridan’s ‘Desperate Housewives’ Case Gets Tossed – Again
- Department Of Labor Finds $750,000 Misappropriated From SAG Pension & Health Plans
- Donald Trump’s FCC Chairman Pick Is Ajit Pai: Report
- Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: “Country Is Lost”, Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be “Deplorable”…
- Chris Columbus’ 1492 Facing Counter Suit In Payments Dispute With Ocean Blue – Update