Judy Garland wore an iconic blue gingham from Kansas to Emerald City and back in The Wizard Of Oz. And this weekend that dress fetched a cool green $480,000 at Julien’s Auctions in Beverly Hills. Steve McQueen’s racing jacket went for $50,000. The prop watch worn by John Belushi in The Blues Brothers went for $15,000 and his Blues Brothers sunglasses brought $16,640. Jaclyn Smith’s dress from the original Charlie’s Angels TV series brought $15,000. A Jayne Mansfield cat print jumpsuit sold for $16,250, and Julie Andrews’ dress from The Sound of Music cost $38,400. Marilyn Monroe’s purple skirt from River of No Return brought $50,000. Publicity material from The Wizard Of Oz including keybook, continuity and photos sold for $33,750.
Dorothy’s $480K Dress From ‘Wizard Of Oz’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast