Judy Garland wore an iconic blue gingham from Kansas to Emerald City and back in The Wizard Of Oz. And this weekend that dress fetched a cool green $480,000 at Julien’s Auctions in Beverly Hills. Steve McQueen’s racing jacket went for $50,000. The prop watch worn by John Belushi in The Blues Brothers went for $15,000 and his Blues Brothers sunglasses brought $16,640. Jaclyn Smith’s dress from the original Charlie’s Angels TV series brought $15,000. A Jayne Mansfield cat print jumpsuit sold for $16,250, and Julie Andrews’ dress from The Sound of Music cost $38,400. Marilyn Monroe’s purple skirt from River of No Return brought $50,000. Publicity material from The Wizard Of Oz including keybook, continuity and photos sold for $33,750.
Dorothy’s $480K Dress From ‘Wizard Of Oz’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- North Korea To U.S. On Sony Hack: Let's Work Together To Find Culprit
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere