Judy Garland wore an iconic blue gingham from Kansas to Emerald City and back in The Wizard Of Oz. And this weekend that dress fetched a cool green $480,000 at Julien’s Auctions in Beverly Hills. Steve McQueen’s racing jacket went for $50,000. The prop watch worn by John Belushi in The Blues Brothers went for $15,000 and his Blues Brothers sunglasses brought $16,640. Jaclyn Smith’s dress from the original Charlie’s Angels TV series brought $15,000. A Jayne Mansfield cat print jumpsuit sold for $16,250, and Julie Andrews’ dress from The Sound of Music cost $38,400. Marilyn Monroe’s purple skirt from River of No Return brought $50,000. Publicity material from The Wizard Of Oz including keybook, continuity and photos sold for $33,750.
Dorothy’s $480K Dress From ‘Wizard Of Oz’
What's Hot on Deadline
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game - Update
Latest Film News
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Imagine & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s ‘Cemetery Of Splendour’ Wins At Asia Pacific Awards