UPDATED: More media giants are stepping up to aid in the recovery efforts following devastating Hurricane Sandy. Disney announced today it is committing $2 million to the American Red Cross and other organizations working on rebuilding efforts. Viacom also is making $1 million donation. The company says it will donate $500,000 to the Mayor’s Fund for NYC and $500,000 to local organizations for relief and rebuilding efforts in Connecticut, Long Island, New Jersey and Westchester County. Viacom also has set up a $1 million employee matching gift program with The American Red Cross. Disney also says it will match employee contributions dollar for dollar. Time Additionally, Time Warner Cable is donating $600,000 and is dispatching vehicles with mobile charging stations and free Wi-Fi access throughout New York City. TWC retail stores in Staten Island and Queens will allow anyone to recharge their devices. Yesterday, News Corp announced a $1 million donation, with $500,000 going to the Mayor’s Fund and the rest to support relief efforts in New Jersey.
Disney, Viacom, TWC Aid Hurricane Relief
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Says Yes To No. 1, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, 'St. Vincent,' 'Birdman' Expansion Results - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC