UPDATED: More media giants are stepping up to aid in the recovery efforts following devastating Hurricane Sandy. Disney announced today it is committing $2 million to the American Red Cross and other organizations working on rebuilding efforts. Viacom also is making $1 million donation. The company says it will donate $500,000 to the Mayor’s Fund for NYC and $500,000 to local organizations for relief and rebuilding efforts in Connecticut, Long Island, New Jersey and Westchester County. Viacom also has set up a $1 million employee matching gift program with The American Red Cross. Disney also says it will match employee contributions dollar for dollar. Time Additionally, Time Warner Cable is donating $600,000 and is dispatching vehicles with mobile charging stations and free Wi-Fi access throughout New York City. TWC retail stores in Staten Island and Queens will allow anyone to recharge their devices. Yesterday, News Corp announced a $1 million donation, with $500,000 going to the Mayor’s Fund and the rest to support relief efforts in New Jersey.
Disney, Viacom, TWC Aid Hurricane Relief
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production