UPDATED: More media giants are stepping up to aid in the recovery efforts following devastating Hurricane Sandy. Disney announced today it is committing $2 million to the American Red Cross and other organizations working on rebuilding efforts. Viacom also is making $1 million donation. The company says it will donate $500,000 to the Mayor’s Fund for NYC and $500,000 to local organizations for relief and rebuilding efforts in Connecticut, Long Island, New Jersey and Westchester County. Viacom also has set up a $1 million employee matching gift program with The American Red Cross. Disney also says it will match employee contributions dollar for dollar. Time Additionally, Time Warner Cable is donating $600,000 and is dispatching vehicles with mobile charging stations and free Wi-Fi access throughout New York City. TWC retail stores in Staten Island and Queens will allow anyone to recharge their devices. Yesterday, News Corp announced a $1 million donation, with $500,000 going to the Mayor’s Fund and the rest to support relief efforts in New Jersey.
Disney, Viacom, TWC Aid Hurricane Relief
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- SND Boards ‘What Happened To Monday?’ With Noomi Rapace, Glenn Close – Cannes
- Will Bollywood Star Salman Khan’s Guilty Verdict In Fatal Hit & Run Impact Industry?
- IATSE and AMPTP Reach Three-Year Area Standards Deal
- 6;Arctic Justice: Thunder Squad’ Sets Big-Name Voice Cast; ARC Gets ‘Freedom'; Rialto Releasing Restored ‘The Third Man…
- ‘Monster Trucks’ From Paramount Pushed For The Second Time, Now Out of 2015
- Spider-Man Movie: Sony & Marvel Spin Web Of Directors For New Franchise