EXCLUSIVE: Disney has bought Jeremy Miller and Dan Cohn’s Happy Birthday feature pitch. A mid six-figure deal was concluded this week, Deadline has learned. The live action comedy is about a man who turns 40 and vows to never celebrate another birthday again. Unfortunately for him, he finds himself reliving the four worst birthdays from his past. Elizabeth Ingold and Chris Whitaker developed the pitch with Miller and Cohn. Jim & Chris Whitaker will produce. Formerly staff writers on HBO’s Entourage, Miller and Cohn recently wrote Heavy And Rolling for Showtime which they are producing with Ryan Phillippe, Breckin Meyer, and David Schiff. The duo also currently is writing a drama pilot for Fox 21. Miller and Cohn are repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment Partners, and the law firm of Morris Yorn Barnes Levine Krintzman Rubenstein & Kohner.
Disney Picks Up Jeremy Miller & Dan Cohn’s ‘Happy Birthday’ Pitch
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More