EXCLUSIVE: Disney has bought Jeremy Miller and Dan Cohn’s Happy Birthday feature pitch. A mid six-figure deal was concluded this week, Deadline has learned. The live action comedy is about a man who turns 40 and vows to never celebrate another birthday again. Unfortunately for him, he finds himself reliving the four worst birthdays from his past. Elizabeth Ingold and Chris Whitaker developed the pitch with Miller and Cohn. Jim & Chris Whitaker will produce. Formerly staff writers on HBO’s Entourage, Miller and Cohn recently wrote Heavy And Rolling for Showtime which they are producing with Ryan Phillippe, Breckin Meyer, and David Schiff. The duo also currently is writing a drama pilot for Fox 21. Miller and Cohn are repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment Partners, and the law firm of Morris Yorn Barnes Levine Krintzman Rubenstein & Kohner.
Disney Picks Up Jeremy Miller & Dan Cohn’s ‘Happy Birthday’ Pitch
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest Film News
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- ‘All The Money In The World’ Posters: Severed Ear, No Spacey
- Paramount Pictures Taps Writer Barbara Curry For Dating App Killer Feature ‘Gasp’