The Lincoln star was among the honorees at last night’s BAFTA LA gala the Britannia Awards at the Beverly Hilton. The Brit couldn’t help but try another portrayal of a real-life figure with a help of a certain furniture prop made famous during the Republican National Convention. “This is nothing against Clint Eastwood …” Day-Lewis said during his acceptance speech. “But when I saw him talking to a chair in front of a roomful of strangers, I thought, ‘I’ve got to try that'”. The full awards ceremony airs Sunday night on BBC America. Check out the video:
Daniel Day-Lewis Channels Clint Eastwood At Britannia Awards: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company