The Lincoln star was among the honorees at last night’s BAFTA LA gala the Britannia Awards at the Beverly Hilton. The Brit couldn’t help but try another portrayal of a real-life figure with a help of a certain furniture prop made famous during the Republican National Convention. “This is nothing against Clint Eastwood …” Day-Lewis said during his acceptance speech. “But when I saw him talking to a chair in front of a roomful of strangers, I thought, ‘I’ve got to try that'”. The full awards ceremony airs Sunday night on BBC America. Check out the video:
Daniel Day-Lewis Channels Clint Eastwood At Britannia Awards: Video
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'