The CW won’t be going forward with freshman medical drama Emily Owens, MD. The network has opted not to pick up additional episodes from the series starring Mamie Gummer, which will wrap production on its 13-episode original order next week. The CW plans to air all produced episodes. The CW’s other two freshman dramas, Arrow and Beauty And The Beast, both received full-season orders. In its most recent airing last night, Emily Owens drew 1 million viewers and a 0.3/1 in adults 18-49, down a tenth from last week. While Arrow has been a breakout hit for the CW, posting big ratings as a 8 PM self-starter on Wednesdays, and Beauty & The Beast has benefited by having the CW’s flagship drama, The Vampire Diaries, as a lead-in, Emily Owens followed the lower-rated Hart Of Dixie, which contributed to it ranking as the CW’s lowest-rated new show.
CW’s ‘Emily Owens’ Cancelled, Won’t Get Back Order But Will Air Produced Episodes
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- As Disney Junior Turns 5, Nancy Kanter Talks Boys Vs. Girls, Disney Synergies, Multi-Platform Challenges, Kids TV Future
- ‘The Simpsons’ Nancy Cartwright Launches Production Banner Spotted Cow With First Projects In Place – Berlin
- ‘Vinyl’s Terence Winter Talks Mick Jagger, Season 2 Plans, Olivia Wilde & Scorsese
- Colin Woodell Joins John Ridley’s ABC Pilot ‘Presence’
- Democratic Debate Rebounds On PBS/CNN Simulcast, Scoring 8M Viewers
- Andrea Martin To Star In Tracey Wigfield NBC Pilot, Kimrie Lewis-Davis Also Cast