The CW won’t be going forward with freshman medical drama Emily Owens, MD. The network has opted not to pick up additional episodes from the series starring Mamie Gummer, which will wrap production on its 13-episode original order next week. The CW plans to air all produced episodes. The CW’s other two freshman dramas, Arrow and Beauty And The Beast, both received full-season orders. In its most recent airing last night, Emily Owens drew 1 million viewers and a 0.3/1 in adults 18-49, down a tenth from last week. While Arrow has been a breakout hit for the CW, posting big ratings as a 8 PM self-starter on Wednesdays, and Beauty & The Beast has benefited by having the CW’s flagship drama, The Vampire Diaries, as a lead-in, Emily Owens followed the lower-rated Hart Of Dixie, which contributed to it ranking as the CW’s lowest-rated new show.
CW’s ‘Emily Owens’ Cancelled, Won’t Get Back Order But Will Air Produced Episodes
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Viceland Taps Marc Liepis As VP Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- ‘Battlefield’-Inspired Live-Action Digital Series To Premiere On Go90
- Aisha Hinds To Star As Harriet Tubman In ‘Underground’ Season 2
- Michael Phelps Dives Into ‘America’s Got Talent’ Co-Hosting Gig Tonight
- BBC America To Air ‘Star Trek’ Marathon In Runup To ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere