The CW won’t be going forward with freshman medical drama Emily Owens, MD. The network has opted not to pick up additional episodes from the series starring Mamie Gummer, which will wrap production on its 13-episode original order next week. The CW plans to air all produced episodes. The CW’s other two freshman dramas, Arrow and Beauty And The Beast, both received full-season orders. In its most recent airing last night, Emily Owens drew 1 million viewers and a 0.3/1 in adults 18-49, down a tenth from last week. While Arrow has been a breakout hit for the CW, posting big ratings as a 8 PM self-starter on Wednesdays, and Beauty & The Beast has benefited by having the CW’s flagship drama, The Vampire Diaries, as a lead-in, Emily Owens followed the lower-rated Hart Of Dixie, which contributed to it ranking as the CW’s lowest-rated new show.
CW’s ‘Emily Owens’ Cancelled, Won’t Get Back Order But Will Air Produced Episodes
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Comcast CEO Says Growth From NBCU Businesses Will Offset Lower TV Ratings
- Donald Trump: Oscars Host Jimmy Kimmel “Pulled Out The Race Card” Because “They’re Losing Badly”…
- Annie Mumolo To Star In ‘Amy’s Brother’ Fox Comedy Pilot From Melissa McCarthy & Ben Falcone
- Rob Riggle To Topline ABC’s Single Dad Comedy Pilot
- Donald Trump Says He Nixed White House Correspondents’ Dinner Appearance Because They Make Stuff Up
- ‘Moana’ Star Auli’i Cravalho Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Drama High’ From Jason Katims…