The CW won’t be going forward with freshman medical drama Emily Owens, MD. The network has opted not to pick up additional episodes from the series starring Mamie Gummer, which will wrap production on its 13-episode original order next week. The CW plans to air all produced episodes. The CW’s other two freshman dramas, Arrow and Beauty And The Beast, both received full-season orders. In its most recent airing last night, Emily Owens drew 1 million viewers and a 0.3/1 in adults 18-49, down a tenth from last week. While Arrow has been a breakout hit for the CW, posting big ratings as a 8 PM self-starter on Wednesdays, and Beauty & The Beast has benefited by having the CW’s flagship drama, The Vampire Diaries, as a lead-in, Emily Owens followed the lower-rated Hart Of Dixie, which contributed to it ranking as the CW’s lowest-rated new show.
CW’s ‘Emily Owens’ Cancelled, Won’t Get Back Order But Will Air Produced Episodes
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'