BREAKING… Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable SportsNet have come to terms for the cabler to carry the sports channel and its Spanish-language sibling Deportes. That leaves DirecTV and Dish as the final holdouts among major providers. Last week AT&T U-verse TV, Verizon FiOS and Charter Communications all fell in line in time for the Lakers season opener on Halloween. In addition to carrying the Lakers, Sportsnet and Deportes are the local TV homes for the LA Galaxy and Los Angeles Sparks games. Sticking point as usual was pricing. Neither Cox nor TWC nor any of the other providers have commented on terms. Sports Networks come with hefty fees, and TWC’s asking price was reportedly $3.95 per subscriber. For comparison Disney’s ESPN commands an average of $5.13 per sub each month, according to SNL Kagan. Six other regional sports networks receive more than $3 per subscriber.
Cox Agrees To Carry TWC SportsNet
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises