BREAKING… Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable SportsNet have come to terms for the cabler to carry the sports channel and its Spanish-language sibling Deportes. That leaves DirecTV and Dish as the final holdouts among major providers. Last week AT&T U-verse TV, Verizon FiOS and Charter Communications all fell in line in time for the Lakers season opener on Halloween. In addition to carrying the Lakers, Sportsnet and Deportes are the local TV homes for the LA Galaxy and Los Angeles Sparks games. Sticking point as usual was pricing. Neither Cox nor TWC nor any of the other providers have commented on terms. Sports Networks come with hefty fees, and TWC’s asking price was reportedly $3.95 per subscriber. For comparison Disney’s ESPN commands an average of $5.13 per sub each month, according to SNL Kagan. Six other regional sports networks receive more than $3 per subscriber.
Cox Agrees To Carry TWC SportsNet
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Veria Living Rebrands And Gets New Name – Now Z Living
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'