BREAKING… Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable SportsNet have come to terms for the cabler to carry the sports channel and its Spanish-language sibling Deportes. That leaves DirecTV and Dish as the final holdouts among major providers. Last week AT&T U-verse TV, Verizon FiOS and Charter Communications all fell in line in time for the Lakers season opener on Halloween. In addition to carrying the Lakers, Sportsnet and Deportes are the local TV homes for the LA Galaxy and Los Angeles Sparks games. Sticking point as usual was pricing. Neither Cox nor TWC nor any of the other providers have commented on terms. Sports Networks come with hefty fees, and TWC’s asking price was reportedly $3.95 per subscriber. For comparison Disney’s ESPN commands an average of $5.13 per sub each month, according to SNL Kagan. Six other regional sports networks receive more than $3 per subscriber.
Cox Agrees To Carry TWC SportsNet
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot