BREAKING… Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable SportsNet have come to terms for the cabler to carry the sports channel and its Spanish-language sibling Deportes. That leaves DirecTV and Dish as the final holdouts among major providers. Last week AT&T U-verse TV, Verizon FiOS and Charter Communications all fell in line in time for the Lakers season opener on Halloween. In addition to carrying the Lakers, Sportsnet and Deportes are the local TV homes for the LA Galaxy and Los Angeles Sparks games. Sticking point as usual was pricing. Neither Cox nor TWC nor any of the other providers have commented on terms. Sports Networks come with hefty fees, and TWC’s asking price was reportedly $3.95 per subscriber. For comparison Disney’s ESPN commands an average of $5.13 per sub each month, according to SNL Kagan. Six other regional sports networks receive more than $3 per subscriber.
Cox Agrees To Carry TWC SportsNet
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- Aisha Hinds To Star As Harriet Tubman In ‘Underground’ Season 2
- Michael Phelps Dives Into ‘America’s Got Talent’ Co-Hosting Gig Tonight
- BBC America To Air ‘Star Trek’ Marathon In Runup To ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere
- Vice’s Shane Smith To Big Media: “Open Sh*t Up” Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney…
- Leslie Jones Attacked Online Again As Website Hacked, Info Exposed