Comedy Central has handed sketch comedy series Key & Peele a third-season renewal. The 13-episode third cycle of the show starring Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele will premiere next fall. Key & Peele was a breakout hit when it launched in January. Its Season 2 finale airs tomorrow night. The show has been taking on politics, recently weighing in on the Presidential campaign with its popular recurring skit featuring President Obama’s fictitious ‘anger translator’ Luther. “Since Obama won re-election, it only seems fair that we would give Key & Peele another season,” said Comedy Central’s head of original programming Kent Alterman. Added Key and Peele, “We are so thrilled about the pickup and want to thank Comedy Central for four more years! “Oh wait, what’s that? One more year? Oh….ok, that will work too.” Key & Peele is created by and stars Key and Peele and is executive produced by Key, Peele, Ian Roberts, Jay Martel and Joel Zadak.
Comedy Central’s ‘Key & Peele’ Renewed For Third Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- One To Watch: The Incredible Underdog Story Of Beulah Koale, Star Of ‘Thank You For Your Service’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O…
- Comedy Central Orders 2 New Series From ‘Saturday Night Live’, ‘Late Night’ Alums
- Softer NFL Ratings Will Drag Down CBS Q3 Earnings, Wall Street Analyst Warns
- The Scaramucci Post Pulls “How Many Jews” Holocaust Poll After Twitter Torching
- Chris Cuomo Anchors ‘Inside’ For HLN Over Five Fridays
- CBS Names Writers Mentoring Program Participants For 2017-18