Comedy Central has handed sketch comedy series Key & Peele a third-season renewal. The 13-episode third cycle of the show starring Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele will premiere next fall. Key & Peele was a breakout hit when it launched in January. Its Season 2 finale airs tomorrow night. The show has been taking on politics, recently weighing in on the Presidential campaign with its popular recurring skit featuring President Obama’s fictitious ‘anger translator’ Luther. “Since Obama won re-election, it only seems fair that we would give Key & Peele another season,” said Comedy Central’s head of original programming Kent Alterman. Added Key and Peele, “We are so thrilled about the pickup and want to thank Comedy Central for four more years! “Oh wait, what’s that? One more year? Oh….ok, that will work too.” Key & Peele is created by and stars Key and Peele and is executive produced by Key, Peele, Ian Roberts, Jay Martel and Joel Zadak.
Comedy Central’s ‘Key & Peele’ Renewed For Third Season
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV
- Netflix Series From 'Damages' Creators Unveils Title, First Teaser: Video
- Colin Callender's Playground Names Louise Pedersen UK Managing Director