Comedy Central has handed sketch comedy series Key & Peele a third-season renewal. The 13-episode third cycle of the show starring Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele will premiere next fall. Key & Peele was a breakout hit when it launched in January. Its Season 2 finale airs tomorrow night. The show has been taking on politics, recently weighing in on the Presidential campaign with its popular recurring skit featuring President Obama’s fictitious ‘anger translator’ Luther. “Since Obama won re-election, it only seems fair that we would give Key & Peele another season,” said Comedy Central’s head of original programming Kent Alterman. Added Key and Peele, “We are so thrilled about the pickup and want to thank Comedy Central for four more years! “Oh wait, what’s that? One more year? Oh….ok, that will work too.” Key & Peele is created by and stars Key and Peele and is executive produced by Key, Peele, Ian Roberts, Jay Martel and Joel Zadak.
Comedy Central’s ‘Key & Peele’ Renewed For Third Season
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Latest TV News
- White House Takes Victory Lap On Senate Deal To End Government Shutdown
- T Group Productions Inks Co-Production Deal With Everywhere Studios
- Netflix Reports Fourth-Quarter Earnings Beat Estimates, Thanks To ‘The Crown’ And ‘Bright’
- ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order…
- Fox Names 2018 Writers Lab Participants
- Motion Picture Sound Editors Reveal Golden Reel Nominations