Comedy Central has handed sketch comedy series Key & Peele a third-season renewal. The 13-episode third cycle of the show starring Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele will premiere next fall. Key & Peele was a breakout hit when it launched in January. Its Season 2 finale airs tomorrow night. The show has been taking on politics, recently weighing in on the Presidential campaign with its popular recurring skit featuring President Obama’s fictitious ‘anger translator’ Luther. “Since Obama won re-election, it only seems fair that we would give Key & Peele another season,” said Comedy Central’s head of original programming Kent Alterman. Added Key and Peele, “We are so thrilled about the pickup and want to thank Comedy Central for four more years! “Oh wait, what’s that? One more year? Oh….ok, that will work too.” Key & Peele is created by and stars Key and Peele and is executive produced by Key, Peele, Ian Roberts, Jay Martel and Joel Zadak.
Comedy Central’s ‘Key & Peele’ Renewed For Third Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'
- TBS To Air First Season Of CBS Comedy 'Mom'