Thor star Chris Hemsworth will not be in American Assassin after all, Deadline has learned. He turned down CBS Films‘ offer to play terrorist hunter Mitch Rapp over scheduling issues, a source says. “The truth is the deal never came together because of timing,” the source said. Hemsworth, who recently signed with CAA, is certainly busy. The actor is reprising his role in Thor 2, then has the Steven Spielberg-directed Robopocalypse and The Avengers 2 on the books. American Assassin is based on the best selling Vince Flynn novel of the same name.
No Chris Hemsworth For ‘American Assassin’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Issues Second Apology After Best Picture Gaffe
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge