EXCLUSIVE: Oscar winner Charlize Theron will narrate the documentary Angels In Exile about street kids in her native South Africa. Directed by Billy Raftery, the film examines the real life of homeless youth in Durham, South Africa. Raftery spent eight years following two youths in particular, Zulieka and Ariel, as they grew from children to adolescents and dealt with the dangers of their world. “You can’t help but connect with Zulieka, her strength and radiant disposition somehow shines through the unimaginably rough world she finds herself in,” said South African-born Theron about what drew her to the project. Raftery, Adam Paul Smith, Franklin Martin and Doug Matejka are producing Angels In Exile in association with the Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project, Red Granite Productions and Act 4 Entertainment. Riza Aziz, David Johnson, Joe Petri and Harry Barton executive produce. Theron’s charity works to keep African young people safe from HIV/AIDS. Appearing in the upcoming Mad Max reboot, Charlize Theron is repped by WME.
Charlize Theron To Voice Homeless Youth Documentary
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Has Decided To Fight For His Survival At Paramount–Part 1
- Doug Liman On The Challenges Of Shooting In The Virtual Reality Format
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe