EXCLUSIVE: Oscar winner Charlize Theron will narrate the documentary Angels In Exile about street kids in her native South Africa. Directed by Billy Raftery, the film examines the real life of homeless youth in Durham, South Africa. Raftery spent eight years following two youths in particular, Zulieka and Ariel, as they grew from children to adolescents and dealt with the dangers of their world. “You can’t help but connect with Zulieka, her strength and radiant disposition somehow shines through the unimaginably rough world she finds herself in,” said South African-born Theron about what drew her to the project. Raftery, Adam Paul Smith, Franklin Martin and Doug Matejka are producing Angels In Exile in association with the Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project, Red Granite Productions and Act 4 Entertainment. Riza Aziz, David Johnson, Joe Petri and Harry Barton executive produce. Theron’s charity works to keep African young people safe from HIV/AIDS. Appearing in the upcoming Mad Max reboot, Charlize Theron is repped by WME.
Charlize Theron To Voice Homeless Youth Documentary
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Film News
- Politics, Legends, Lassie And Lollobrigida Share The Spotlight As TCM Classic Film Festival Gets Rolling In Hollywood
- Frankie Shaw Joins Boston Marathon Bombing Drama ‘Stronger’
- Seth Grahame-Smith Bolts From WB’s ‘The Flash’; Search On For New Director
- ‘Maze Runner’ Sequel Production Shut Down Indefinitely For Dylan O’Brien Recovery – Update
- Sierra/Affinity Boards Andrew Niccol’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Anon’ – Cannes
- ‘Jungle Book’ Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; ‘Mother’s Day’ Has Edge Over ‘Keanu…