EXCLUSIVE: Oscar winner Charlize Theron will narrate the documentary Angels In Exile about street kids in her native South Africa. Directed by Billy Raftery, the film examines the real life of homeless youth in Durham, South Africa. Raftery spent eight years following two youths in particular, Zulieka and Ariel, as they grew from children to adolescents and dealt with the dangers of their world. “You can’t help but connect with Zulieka, her strength and radiant disposition somehow shines through the unimaginably rough world she finds herself in,” said South African-born Theron about what drew her to the project. Raftery, Adam Paul Smith, Franklin Martin and Doug Matejka are producing Angels In Exile in association with the Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project, Red Granite Productions and Act 4 Entertainment. Riza Aziz, David Johnson, Joe Petri and Harry Barton executive produce. Theron’s charity works to keep African young people safe from HIV/AIDS. Appearing in the upcoming Mad Max reboot, Charlize Theron is repped by WME.
Charlize Theron To Voice Homeless Youth Documentary
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- ‘Tomorrowland’ & ‘Poltergeist’ Rise In Matinees – Box Office Friday
- ‘Mr. Holmes’ Lawsuit: Arthur Conan Doyle Estate Sues Bill Condon & Distributors
- Michael Rooker Signs Up For ‘The Belko Experiment'; Bai Ling To Have ‘Maximum Impact’