The CEO and two board members of Australian online DVD rental and streaming service Quickflix are leaving the company. Quickflix last week requested its stock be temporarily suspended from trading in Australia, pending an announcement of a new strategic investor. That suspension was expected to be short-lived but will now remain in effect until late next week. Today, the company announced CEO Chris Taylor had resigned and will leave in March 2013. Founder and exec chairman Stephen Langsford will assume the role of CEO at that time. Also, non-executive directors Justin Milne and Susan Hunter are resigning from the board, although Hunter will remain as company secretary. HBO paid $10.7M for a 15.7% stake in Quickflix in February, but the service took a $1.87M operating loss in the quarter ending September 30 as its cash reserves dwindled to $2.28M. The company has 115,592 paying subscribers. In a statement today, Quickflix said “negotiations continue with regard to the future funding of the Company. The Directors and management are currently pursuing several options and working through a restructuring plan to reduce costs and capital requirements. It is likely the Company will remain in voluntary suspension until Thursday, 29 November 2012.”
CEO, Board Members Exit Australia’s Quickflix; Trading Still Suspended
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Latest Film News
- Jack Henry Robbins Continues Exploration Of VHS Format With ‘Painting With Joan’ — Sundance Studio
- Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds Takes On Mormon Church Policy With HBO Doc ‘Believer’…
- Netflix Reports Fourth-Quarter Earnings Beat Estimates, Thanks To ‘The Crown’ And ‘Bright’
- Paramount Lands ‘Reset’ Pitch; Marcus Kryler & Fredrik Akerstrom Helming
- Motion Picture Sound Editors Reveal Golden Reel Nominations
- Deadline Studio at Sundance 2018 – Day 3 – Octavia Spencer, Usher, Ellen Burstyn, Armie Hammer, & More