Brian Applegate has been named senior broadcast producer and Matthew Glick senior producer at CBS This Morning. Applegate had been executive producer for CBS News’ overnight Up To The Minute newscast and the 4 AM broadcast CBS Morning News. He also was responsible for the network’s overnight breaking news cut-ins, including the death of Ted Kennedy and the killing of Osama bin Laden. “Brian has terrific news judgment, and now you’ll see that on a bigger platform,” said Chris Licht, VP Programming at CBS News and executive producer of CBS This Morning. “He is also a great leader and control room pro.” Glick, who will head the morning show’s booking department, most recently was a senior producer at NBC Universal in the Special Bookings unit, where he helped launch Rock Center With Brian Williams. His various roles at NBC News included supervising producer on the weekend edition of Today.
‘CBS This Morning’ Adds Producing Pair
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Nickelodeon Partners With NFL, MLS & NASCAR For NickSports
- Russell Crowe-Ryan Gosling Pic 'The Nice Guys' Gets Summer 2016 Release Date
- 'The Walking Dead' Unveils Season 5 Key Art
- Toronto Roundup: 'Sunshine Superman', 'Match' & 'The Daughter' Sales Deals, More
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'