Brian Applegate has been named senior broadcast producer and Matthew Glick senior producer at CBS This Morning. Applegate had been executive producer for CBS News’ overnight Up To The Minute newscast and the 4 AM broadcast CBS Morning News. He also was responsible for the network’s overnight breaking news cut-ins, including the death of Ted Kennedy and the killing of Osama bin Laden. “Brian has terrific news judgment, and now you’ll see that on a bigger platform,” said Chris Licht, VP Programming at CBS News and executive producer of CBS This Morning. “He is also a great leader and control room pro.” Glick, who will head the morning show’s booking department, most recently was a senior producer at NBC Universal in the Special Bookings unit, where he helped launch Rock Center With Brian Williams. His various roles at NBC News included supervising producer on the weekend edition of Today.
‘CBS This Morning’ Adds Producing Pair
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Alcon Taps Catherine & Angela Paura To Run Global Marketing
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'