Zach McGowan and Luke Arnold have joined the cast of Starz‘s original series Black Sails, the eight-episode pirate adventure created by Jon Steinberg and Robert Levine that is set 20 years before the events in Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island. McGowan will play Captain Charles Vane, a rival to the feared and fabled buccaneer Captain Flint (played by Toby Stephens), whose exploits serve as the focal point of the drama series. McGowan, repped by Innovative Artists and Intellectual Artists Management, is coming off a stint on Showtime’s Shameless. Aussie native Arnold will take on the role of the iconic seafarer John Silver in the years before his well-known feats. Also joining the cast is Jessica Parker Kennedy (the CW’s The Secret Circle) as Max, a tortured young prostitute who sees the dark side of the bustling pirate port of New Providence. Hakeem Kae Kazim (Hotel Rwanda), Toby Schmitz (The Pacific) and Clara Paget (The Fast And The Furious 6) also have been cast. The production begins shooting this year in Cape Town, South Africa, and the first season is set to debut in 2014.
Starz’s ‘Black Sails’ Adds To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award