Zach McGowan and Luke Arnold have joined the cast of Starz‘s original series Black Sails, the eight-episode pirate adventure created by Jon Steinberg and Robert Levine that is set 20 years before the events in Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island. McGowan will play Captain Charles Vane, a rival to the feared and fabled buccaneer Captain Flint (played by Toby Stephens), whose exploits serve as the focal point of the drama series. McGowan, repped by Innovative Artists and Intellectual Artists Management, is coming off a stint on Showtime’s Shameless. Aussie native Arnold will take on the role of the iconic seafarer John Silver in the years before his well-known feats. Also joining the cast is Jessica Parker Kennedy (the CW’s The Secret Circle) as Max, a tortured young prostitute who sees the dark side of the bustling pirate port of New Providence. Hakeem Kae Kazim (Hotel Rwanda), Toby Schmitz (The Pacific) and Clara Paget (The Fast And The Furious 6) also have been cast. The production begins shooting this year in Cape Town, South Africa, and the first season is set to debut in 2014.
Starz’s ‘Black Sails’ Adds To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says 'Star Wars' Grabbed $50M-$100M From 'Mockingjay 2'; Stock Takes Hit
Latest TV News
- Mandalay Sports Media Teams With OBB Pictures For Sports Projects; 76ers’ Joel Embiid First In Lineup
- ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ Casts Ben Vereen; ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Adds Veronica Diaz
- Worldwide Production Agency Names Five As Partners
- Fox Orders ‘The Enforcers’ Female Buddy Comedy Pilot, Chris Case Family Comedy
- ‘Training Day’: Will Ethan Hawke’s Jake Hoyt Return For TV Series Reboot?
- Bernie Sanders Heading to ‘SNL’ To Join Larry David