Zach McGowan and Luke Arnold have joined the cast of Starz‘s original series Black Sails, the eight-episode pirate adventure created by Jon Steinberg and Robert Levine that is set 20 years before the events in Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island. McGowan will play Captain Charles Vane, a rival to the feared and fabled buccaneer Captain Flint (played by Toby Stephens), whose exploits serve as the focal point of the drama series. McGowan, repped by Innovative Artists and Intellectual Artists Management, is coming off a stint on Showtime’s Shameless. Aussie native Arnold will take on the role of the iconic seafarer John Silver in the years before his well-known feats. Also joining the cast is Jessica Parker Kennedy (the CW’s The Secret Circle) as Max, a tortured young prostitute who sees the dark side of the bustling pirate port of New Providence. Hakeem Kae Kazim (Hotel Rwanda), Toby Schmitz (The Pacific) and Clara Paget (The Fast And The Furious 6) also have been cast. The production begins shooting this year in Cape Town, South Africa, and the first season is set to debut in 2014.
Starz’s ‘Black Sails’ Adds To Cast
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Keith OIbermann's ESPN2 Program Moving; He'll Anchor Some 'SportsCenter' Shows (Video)
- Hot Trailer: 'The Pyramid'
- Lionsgate Nabs Schwarzenegger Starrer 'Maggie'; Oscilloscope Rocks With 'Jingle Bell' Docu
- Kathryn Prescott Joins CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- Hot TV Teaser: 'The Affair'
- Participant Joins DreamWorks On Spielberg Cold War Pic & 'The Light Between Oceans'