HBO will air the as-yet-untitled feature-length documentary on February 16, 2013 which will feature onstage and offstage access to the singer-actress, some of which she shot on her laptop. The film will shed light on Beyoncé‘s childhood and capture the demands of prepping for live performances, running a business, and taking care of her family after the birth of her daughter earlier this year. “Everybody knows Beyoncé’s music, but few know Beyoncé the person,” HBO Programming president Michael Lombardo said. “Along with electrifying footage of Beyoncé onstage, this unique special looks beyond the glamour to reveal a vibrant, vulnerable, unforgettable woman.” Beyoncé is also exec producing the movie. She is repped by ICM Partners, which negotiated the sale of the project along with attorney Gretchen Rush.
Beyoncé To Direct Own Docu For HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book