We told you last year that Universal planned to make a sequel to its 1999 wedding-themed comedy The Best Man. Now the studio has a date for the untitled follow-up: November 15, 2013. Malcolm D. Lee, who wrote and directed the original, returns as writer-director, and he will also produce with newly added Sean Daniel, whose credits include The Mummy pics and the upcoming reboot. The first Best Man was about a writer (Taye Diggs) who is preparing to be the best man for his football player buddy (Morris Chestnut), but the timing is bad because the writer’s autobiographical novel is about to pop and it describes how the best man bedded the bride. Terrence Howard, Harold Perrineau, Nia Long and Sanaa Lathan also starred. It grossed $35 million.
Universal Dates ‘Best Man’ Sequel For November 15, 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
'Magnificent Seven' Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua - Monday Final B.O.
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Also Will Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers
- Kyle Bornheimer Joins Netflix’s ‘Little Evil’; Mira Sorvino Goes ‘Behind The Glass’
- ‘Pacific Rim 2’ Adds ‘Emerald City’s Adria Arjona