We told you last year that Universal planned to make a sequel to its 1999 wedding-themed comedy The Best Man. Now the studio has a date for the untitled follow-up: November 15, 2013. Malcolm D. Lee, who wrote and directed the original, returns as writer-director, and he will also produce with newly added Sean Daniel, whose credits include The Mummy pics and the upcoming reboot. The first Best Man was about a writer (Taye Diggs) who is preparing to be the best man for his football player buddy (Morris Chestnut), but the timing is bad because the writer’s autobiographical novel is about to pop and it describes how the best man bedded the bride. Terrence Howard, Harold Perrineau, Nia Long and Sanaa Lathan also starred. It grossed $35 million.
Universal Dates ‘Best Man’ Sequel For November 15, 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Teaser: Little Jack-Jack Shows Off His Baby Superpower
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- ‘Justice League’ Rises To $70.7M Through Friday At International Box Office
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks