We told you last year that Universal planned to make a sequel to its 1999 wedding-themed comedy The Best Man. Now the studio has a date for the untitled follow-up: November 15, 2013. Malcolm D. Lee, who wrote and directed the original, returns as writer-director, and he will also produce with newly added Sean Daniel, whose credits include The Mummy pics and the upcoming reboot. The first Best Man was about a writer (Taye Diggs) who is preparing to be the best man for his football player buddy (Morris Chestnut), but the timing is bad because the writer’s autobiographical novel is about to pop and it describes how the best man bedded the bride. Terrence Howard, Harold Perrineau, Nia Long and Sanaa Lathan also starred. It grossed $35 million.
Universal Dates ‘Best Man’ Sequel For November 15, 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘The Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ Will Start Production Again In Feb.
- ‘The Hollars’ Review: John Krasinski’s Directorial Triumph Earns Laughs & Tears
- Gene Wilder: Hollywood Reacts To Legendary Comic Actor’s Death
- Mel Brooks On Gene Wilder: “One Of The Truly Great Talents Of Our Time”
- Gene Wilder Dies: ‘Willy Wonka’, ‘Young Frankenstein’ & ‘Blazing Saddles’ Star Was 83
- MoMA Slates Fall Bardfest With 21 Shakespeare-Related Films