We told you last year that Universal planned to make a sequel to its 1999 wedding-themed comedy The Best Man. Now the studio has a date for the untitled follow-up: November 15, 2013. Malcolm D. Lee, who wrote and directed the original, returns as writer-director, and he will also produce with newly added Sean Daniel, whose credits include The Mummy pics and the upcoming reboot. The first Best Man was about a writer (Taye Diggs) who is preparing to be the best man for his football player buddy (Morris Chestnut), but the timing is bad because the writer’s autobiographical novel is about to pop and it describes how the best man bedded the bride. Terrence Howard, Harold Perrineau, Nia Long and Sanaa Lathan also starred. It grossed $35 million.
Universal Dates ‘Best Man’ Sequel For November 15, 2013
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…