We told you last year that Universal planned to make a sequel to its 1999 wedding-themed comedy The Best Man. Now the studio has a date for the untitled follow-up: November 15, 2013. Malcolm D. Lee, who wrote and directed the original, returns as writer-director, and he will also produce with newly added Sean Daniel, whose credits include The Mummy pics and the upcoming reboot. The first Best Man was about a writer (Taye Diggs) who is preparing to be the best man for his football player buddy (Morris Chestnut), but the timing is bad because the writer’s autobiographical novel is about to pop and it describes how the best man bedded the bride. Terrence Howard, Harold Perrineau, Nia Long and Sanaa Lathan also starred. It grossed $35 million.
Universal Dates ‘Best Man’ Sequel For November 15, 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
At Pre-Inaugural Concert, Donald Trump Promises "We Will Turn It Around"; His Nemesis Wayne Barrett Has Died
Latest Film News
- Jim G In Play: Legendary, Sony, Warner Bros.?
- Al Gore Stays Mute On Donald Trump At ‘Inconvenient Sequel’ Sundance Screening
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Weekend Premiere And Press Junket Cancelled Amid Video Controversy
- ‘American Paradise’ Trailer: Sundance Short Is Crime Caper Preview Of Trump’s America
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Trailer Voice-Over Talent Anthony Mendez Joins Protest, Donates All Pay to ASPCA
- ‘Fun Mom Dinner’ Racks Up Near $5M In WW Deals As Momentum & Netflix Buy Sundance Film