Benaroya Pictures has come on board to finance Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage, it was announced today. Benaroya is putting the money for the indie drama together with Fork Films, Union Entertainment Group and Three Point Capital and Venture Forth. In addition, Jennifer Jason Leigh has joined Kristen Wiig, Guy Pearce, Hailee Steinfeld and Nick Nolte in the film’s cast. The Weinstein Company is handling all the international rights on the Liza Johnson-directed film, which is currently shooting in New Orleans. Based on the Alice Munro short story, the film tells the tale of a premature spinster, played by Wiig, who is set up romantically by the granddaughter of an old man she takes care of. Mark Jude Poirier wrote the screenplay. Steinfeld plays the granddaughter, Nolte plays the grandfather and Pearce plays Steinfeld’s drifter father and Wiig’s potential love interest. Dylan Sellers, Robert Ogden Barnum, Jamin O’Brien, Michael Benaroya and Cassian Elwes are producing. Abigail Disney, Buddy Patrick, Jacob Pechenik and Joe Jenckes are executive producing. Jennifer Jason Leigh is repped by UTA and Untitled Entertainment.
Benaroya To Finance ‘Hateship Friendship’; Jennifer Jason Leigh Joins Kristen Wiig Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency