Whew! Disney Channel has closed deals with Boy Meets World stars Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel to reprise their roles on the channel’s potential sequel series Girl Meets World, pushing the project closer to a pilot greenlight. Disney Channel had been in talks with the two when word of the project leaked early this month. The news caught fire online, displaying huge interest in the project and giving the two actors and their reps ammunition in their negotiations with Disney. But all ended well and Savage and Fishel are now officially attached, as first reported by TVLine. Girl Meets World hails from Michael Jacobs, co-creator/executive producer of the original series, which ran on ABC for seven seasons. It centers on the preteen daughter of Cory (Savage) and Topanga (Fishel), who married on the original series, and tells the story from her point of view. Search is now underway for an actress to play the daughter. With her on board, the project is expected to get a formal pilot order.
Ben Savage & Danielle Fishel Board Disney Channel’s ‘Boy Meets World’ Sequel Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'