Whew! Disney Channel has closed deals with Boy Meets World stars Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel to reprise their roles on the channel’s potential sequel series Girl Meets World, pushing the project closer to a pilot greenlight. Disney Channel had been in talks with the two when word of the project leaked early this month. The news caught fire online, displaying huge interest in the project and giving the two actors and their reps ammunition in their negotiations with Disney. But all ended well and Savage and Fishel are now officially attached, as first reported by TVLine. Girl Meets World hails from Michael Jacobs, co-creator/executive producer of the original series, which ran on ABC for seven seasons. It centers on the preteen daughter of Cory (Savage) and Topanga (Fishel), who married on the original series, and tells the story from her point of view. Search is now underway for an actress to play the daughter. With her on board, the project is expected to get a formal pilot order.
Ben Savage & Danielle Fishel Board Disney Channel’s ‘Boy Meets World’ Sequel Series
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner