Whew! Disney Channel has closed deals with Boy Meets World stars Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel to reprise their roles on the channel’s potential sequel series Girl Meets World, pushing the project closer to a pilot greenlight. Disney Channel had been in talks with the two when word of the project leaked early this month. The news caught fire online, displaying huge interest in the project and giving the two actors and their reps ammunition in their negotiations with Disney. But all ended well and Savage and Fishel are now officially attached, as first reported by TVLine. Girl Meets World hails from Michael Jacobs, co-creator/executive producer of the original series, which ran on ABC for seven seasons. It centers on the preteen daughter of Cory (Savage) and Topanga (Fishel), who married on the original series, and tells the story from her point of view. Search is now underway for an actress to play the daughter. With her on board, the project is expected to get a formal pilot order.
Ben Savage & Danielle Fishel Board Disney Channel’s ‘Boy Meets World’ Sequel Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate