When the British Academy of Film and Television Arts holds its annual film awards next year, things will look slightly different. After 15 years partnered with telecom group Orange, the BAFTAs are now hooking up with mobile operator and internet provider, EE, which is a sister brand of Orange. The ceremony will henceforth be referred to as the EE British Academy Film Awards. The annual Orange Wednesdays Rising Star Award will also drop the old label and become the EE Rising Star Award. BAFTA nominations will be announced January 9. Stephen Fry will return to host the awards ceremony on February 10.
BAFTA Film Awards Change Name As EE Becomes New Sponsor
Oscar Watch 2017Best Picture Predictions by 28 ExpertsOdds1La La Land9/22Moonlight13/23Manchester by the Sea7/14Arrival10/15Lion10/1
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awardsline News
- Sean Spicer: Donald Trump Will Not be Watching Oscars For “Meryl Streep Moment” On Sunday
- Oscar Week 2017 Parties & Events: The List
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Salman Rushdie Extols The Immigrant’s Struggle Of ‘Lion’: Guest Column
- Oscars Security 2017: The Donald Trump Factor