When the British Academy of Film and Television Arts holds its annual film awards next year, things will look slightly different. After 15 years partnered with telecom group Orange, the BAFTAs are now hooking up with mobile operator and internet provider, EE, which is a sister brand of Orange. The ceremony will henceforth be referred to as the EE British Academy Film Awards. The annual Orange Wednesdays Rising Star Award will also drop the old label and become the EE Rising Star Award. BAFTA nominations will be announced January 9. Stephen Fry will return to host the awards ceremony on February 10.
BAFTA Film Awards Change Name As EE Becomes New Sponsor
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC Unveils 'Doctor Who' Web Series; 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Staying On Aussie TV Into 2020
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'