This was tapped as one of the hot titles of this year’s Toronto Film Festival. The Dante Ariola-directed comedic romance Arthur Newman stars Colin Firth and Emily Blunt in the story of a depressed divorced dad who fakes his death and adopts a new identity, then meets a troubled woman who spurs him on to new heights during a cross-country road trip. Becky Johnston wrote the script. Cinedigm Entertainment Group has acquired all U.S. rights and plans a theatrical release in the middle of next year, followed by on-demand, premium digital, DVD, and TV releases. UTA Independent Film Group, CAA and Eric Greenfeld repped the filmmakers, with Vincent Scordino repping Cinedigm.
Cinedigm Acquires Colin Firth-Emily Blunt Pic ‘Arthur Newman’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Hollywood Reacts, R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016