This was tapped as one of the hot titles of this year’s Toronto Film Festival. The Dante Ariola-directed comedic romance Arthur Newman stars Colin Firth and Emily Blunt in the story of a depressed divorced dad who fakes his death and adopts a new identity, then meets a troubled woman who spurs him on to new heights during a cross-country road trip. Becky Johnston wrote the script. Cinedigm Entertainment Group has acquired all U.S. rights and plans a theatrical release in the middle of next year, followed by on-demand, premium digital, DVD, and TV releases. UTA Independent Film Group, CAA and Eric Greenfeld repped the filmmakers, with Vincent Scordino repping Cinedigm.
Cinedigm Acquires Colin Firth-Emily Blunt Pic ‘Arthur Newman’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake