This was tapped as one of the hot titles of this year’s Toronto Film Festival. The Dante Ariola-directed comedic romance Arthur Newman stars Colin Firth and Emily Blunt in the story of a depressed divorced dad who fakes his death and adopts a new identity, then meets a troubled woman who spurs him on to new heights during a cross-country road trip. Becky Johnston wrote the script. Cinedigm Entertainment Group has acquired all U.S. rights and plans a theatrical release in the middle of next year, followed by on-demand, premium digital, DVD, and TV releases. UTA Independent Film Group, CAA and Eric Greenfeld repped the filmmakers, with Vincent Scordino repping Cinedigm.
Cinedigm Acquires Colin Firth-Emily Blunt Pic ‘Arthur Newman’
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film – AwardsLine Screening
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?
- ‘Knight Of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale’s Excellent Misadventure