This was tapped as one of the hot titles of this year’s Toronto Film Festival. The Dante Ariola-directed comedic romance Arthur Newman stars Colin Firth and Emily Blunt in the story of a depressed divorced dad who fakes his death and adopts a new identity, then meets a troubled woman who spurs him on to new heights during a cross-country road trip. Becky Johnston wrote the script. Cinedigm Entertainment Group has acquired all U.S. rights and plans a theatrical release in the middle of next year, followed by on-demand, premium digital, DVD, and TV releases. UTA Independent Film Group, CAA and Eric Greenfeld repped the filmmakers, with Vincent Scordino repping Cinedigm.
Cinedigm Acquires Colin Firth-Emily Blunt Pic ‘Arthur Newman’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Team
- Netflix Gets Into French Originals Business With 'Marseille'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off As Anchor Of 'World News' (Video)
- R.I.P. Character Actor Stephen Lee
- UPDATE: 'Magic Mike' Sequel Moved Up To Wednesday Before Fourth Of July
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Summer Season's Second Strongest Numbers With Major Spoiler
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Gets September 2015 Release Date