This was tapped as one of the hot titles of this year’s Toronto Film Festival. The Dante Ariola-directed comedic romance Arthur Newman stars Colin Firth and Emily Blunt in the story of a depressed divorced dad who fakes his death and adopts a new identity, then meets a troubled woman who spurs him on to new heights during a cross-country road trip. Becky Johnston wrote the script. Cinedigm Entertainment Group has acquired all U.S. rights and plans a theatrical release in the middle of next year, followed by on-demand, premium digital, DVD, and TV releases. UTA Independent Film Group, CAA and Eric Greenfeld repped the filmmakers, with Vincent Scordino repping Cinedigm.
Cinedigm Acquires Colin Firth-Emily Blunt Pic ‘Arthur Newman’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years