Angela Bassett has been added to the cast of White Bird In A Blizzard. “Filming the new Gregg Araki movie today with Gabby Sidibe, very excited!” announced the Oscar nominated actress on her Facebook page today. Bassett will play Dr. Thaler in the indie drama about a young woman whose life spins out of control when her mother disappears. Shailene Woodley plays the young woman. Precious’ Gabourey Sidibe, Eva Green, and Shiloh Fernandez are also in White Bird. Former Law & Order: SVU star Christopher Meloni recently joined the project too. Bassett is staring and executive producing the Vanishing Point project that NBC closed a deal on in September. The actress will also be seen in the upcoming White House thriller Olympus Has Fallen with Gerald Butler. The movie is scheduled to be released on April 5, 2013. Bassett is repped by the Gersh Agency and Lighthouse Entertainment.
Angela Bassett Joins Gregg Araki’s ‘White Bird In A Blizzard’
What's Hot on Deadline
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest Film News
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Invades New York Comic-Con
- ‘Star Trek’ Alums To Fans: Keep White House Donald Trump Free With Vote For Hillary Clinton
- Angelina Jolie In Talks To Star In TriStar’s ‘Shoot Like A Girl’
- ‘Miss Peregrine’ Eyes $27M-$28M; ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Drilling $21M-$22M – Midday B.O. Update
- Chris Hemsworth & Michael Shannon Saddle Up For Black Label Media, Jerry Bruckheimer’s ‘Horse Soldiers’
- Oscars & The New York Film Festival: How Will The Big Apple Event Affect The Race?