uMedia sales division uConnect chief Peter Rogers has named Oi Leng Lui sales manager and Peta Brown head of marketing. Lui joins from sales and acquisitions at AV Pictures and before that worked in distribution at Cathay Organization in Singapore. Browne previously worked with Rogers at Omega Entertainment and Cobalt. uConnect is at AFM selling Giuseppe Tornatore’s The Best Offer starring Geoffrey Rush, Donald Sutherland and Jim Sturgess which Warner Bros. is releasing in Italy in January. WB also has German and Austrian rights. Transmission has taken the film for Australia. uConnect is one of five divisions of uMedia, a film studio based in Brussels and London. Among previous titles in which it has stakes are The Artist, Outside the Law and Paul Verhoeven’s Blackbook. It is currently in production on Grace of Monaco with Nicole Kidman, Numbers Station with John Cusack and the fantasy Mariah Mundi and the Midas Box.
AFM: uConnect Sets Sales, Marketing Execs
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Nickelodeon Partners With NFL, MLS & NASCAR For NickSports
- Russell Crowe-Ryan Gosling Pic 'The Nice Guys' Gets Summer 2016 Release Date
- 'The Walking Dead' Unveils Season 5 Key Art
- Toronto Roundup: 'Sunshine Superman', 'Match' & 'The Daughter' Sales Deals, More
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'