uMedia sales division uConnect chief Peter Rogers has named Oi Leng Lui sales manager and Peta Brown head of marketing. Lui joins from sales and acquisitions at AV Pictures and before that worked in distribution at Cathay Organization in Singapore. Browne previously worked with Rogers at Omega Entertainment and Cobalt. uConnect is at AFM selling Giuseppe Tornatore’s The Best Offer starring Geoffrey Rush, Donald Sutherland and Jim Sturgess which Warner Bros. is releasing in Italy in January. WB also has German and Austrian rights. Transmission has taken the film for Australia. uConnect is one of five divisions of uMedia, a film studio based in Brussels and London. Among previous titles in which it has stakes are The Artist, Outside the Law and Paul Verhoeven’s Blackbook. It is currently in production on Grace of Monaco with Nicole Kidman, Numbers Station with John Cusack and the fantasy Mariah Mundi and the Midas Box.
AFM: uConnect Sets Sales, Marketing Execs
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest Film News
- TriStar Nails Attica Prison Riot Book For Amy Pascal; Second Project In Works About 1971 Uprising
- Marketing Exec VP Loren Schwartz Leaving Warner Bros.
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Review: Don’t Go
- ‘Rings’ Trailer: Samara Returns In The Digital Era
- Doug Liman Will Direct DC Title ‘Justice League Dark’ For Warner Bros
- ‘Manchester By The Sea’ Trailer: First Look At Kenneth Lonergan’s Family Drama Starring Casey Affleck