uMedia sales division uConnect chief Peter Rogers has named Oi Leng Lui sales manager and Peta Brown head of marketing. Lui joins from sales and acquisitions at AV Pictures and before that worked in distribution at Cathay Organization in Singapore. Browne previously worked with Rogers at Omega Entertainment and Cobalt. uConnect is at AFM selling Giuseppe Tornatore’s The Best Offer starring Geoffrey Rush, Donald Sutherland and Jim Sturgess which Warner Bros. is releasing in Italy in January. WB also has German and Austrian rights. Transmission has taken the film for Australia. uConnect is one of five divisions of uMedia, a film studio based in Brussels and London. Among previous titles in which it has stakes are The Artist, Outside the Law and Paul Verhoeven’s Blackbook. It is currently in production on Grace of Monaco with Nicole Kidman, Numbers Station with John Cusack and the fantasy Mariah Mundi and the Midas Box.
AFM: uConnect Sets Sales, Marketing Execs
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'