uMedia sales division uConnect chief Peter Rogers has named Oi Leng Lui sales manager and Peta Brown head of marketing. Lui joins from sales and acquisitions at AV Pictures and before that worked in distribution at Cathay Organization in Singapore. Browne previously worked with Rogers at Omega Entertainment and Cobalt. uConnect is at AFM selling Giuseppe Tornatore’s The Best Offer starring Geoffrey Rush, Donald Sutherland and Jim Sturgess which Warner Bros. is releasing in Italy in January. WB also has German and Austrian rights. Transmission has taken the film for Australia. uConnect is one of five divisions of uMedia, a film studio based in Brussels and London. Among previous titles in which it has stakes are The Artist, Outside the Law and Paul Verhoeven’s Blackbook. It is currently in production on Grace of Monaco with Nicole Kidman, Numbers Station with John Cusack and the fantasy Mariah Mundi and the Midas Box.
AFM: uConnect Sets Sales, Marketing Execs
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- ‘Human Flow’ Trailer: Ai Weiwei’s Documentary About The Refugee Crisis
- Weinstein Company Launches Mizchief Animated Film Label
- China’s Puji Capital Invests In Peter Guber’s Mandalay Endurance
- Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52