uMedia sales division uConnect chief Peter Rogers has named Oi Leng Lui sales manager and Peta Brown head of marketing. Lui joins from sales and acquisitions at AV Pictures and before that worked in distribution at Cathay Organization in Singapore. Browne previously worked with Rogers at Omega Entertainment and Cobalt. uConnect is at AFM selling Giuseppe Tornatore’s The Best Offer starring Geoffrey Rush, Donald Sutherland and Jim Sturgess which Warner Bros. is releasing in Italy in January. WB also has German and Austrian rights. Transmission has taken the film for Australia. uConnect is one of five divisions of uMedia, a film studio based in Brussels and London. Among previous titles in which it has stakes are The Artist, Outside the Law and Paul Verhoeven’s Blackbook. It is currently in production on Grace of Monaco with Nicole Kidman, Numbers Station with John Cusack and the fantasy Mariah Mundi and the Midas Box.
AFM: uConnect Sets Sales, Marketing Execs
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video