Mousetrap Films’ distribution platform Film Festival Flix has acquired North American rights to Eric Kissack’s Missed Connections, Ulrika Bengts’ coming-of-age tale Iris, and Hans Weingartner’s German drama Reclaim Your Brain. Missed Connections tells the story of a broken-hearted Neal (Kenny Stevenson), who finds the perfect diversion to his sad and tedious life: responding to posts on the Missed Connections section of Craigslist, where people leave messages describing the details of chance encounters. With the help of his friends, Neal hatches a scheme to lure in lonely women and cure his aching heart. Everything is going as planned until Neal meets Jane (Dorien Davies), a woman who may be just as devious as he. Iris, set in 1890, tells the story of a young girl, Iris (Agnees Koskinen) who’s living a pampered life with her mother in Stockholm. Things take a turn when Iris returns for a summer to the small, remote island of her mother’s youth and discovers a town secret that turns her views on family upside down. Reclaim Your Brain focuses on a frustrated TV station manager who manipulates ratings to initiate a TV revolution. Reclaim Your Brain was penned by Hans Weingartner and Katharina Held.
AFM: Film Festival Flix Acquires North American Rights To 3 Films
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'