Mousetrap Films’ distribution platform Film Festival Flix has acquired North American rights to Eric Kissack’s Missed Connections, Ulrika Bengts’ coming-of-age tale Iris, and Hans Weingartner’s German drama Reclaim Your Brain. Missed Connections tells the story of a broken-hearted Neal (Kenny Stevenson), who finds the perfect diversion to his sad and tedious life: responding to posts on the Missed Connections section of Craigslist, where people leave messages describing the details of chance encounters. With the help of his friends, Neal hatches a scheme to lure in lonely women and cure his aching heart. Everything is going as planned until Neal meets Jane (Dorien Davies), a woman who may be just as devious as he. Iris, set in 1890, tells the story of a young girl, Iris (Agnees Koskinen) who’s living a pampered life with her mother in Stockholm. Things take a turn when Iris returns for a summer to the small, remote island of her mother’s youth and discovers a town secret that turns her views on family upside down. Reclaim Your Brain focuses on a frustrated TV station manager who manipulates ratings to initiate a TV revolution. Reclaim Your Brain was penned by Hans Weingartner and Katharina Held.
AFM: Film Festival Flix Acquires North American Rights To 3 Films
What's Hot on Deadline
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'The Glass Castle' Review: Woody Harrelson Delivers Career-Best Performance In Touching True Family Story
Latest Film News
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?