Mousetrap Films’ distribution platform Film Festival Flix has acquired North American rights to Eric Kissack’s Missed Connections, Ulrika Bengts’ coming-of-age tale Iris, and Hans Weingartner’s German drama Reclaim Your Brain. Missed Connections tells the story of a broken-hearted Neal (Kenny Stevenson), who finds the perfect diversion to his sad and tedious life: responding to posts on the Missed Connections section of Craigslist, where people leave messages describing the details of chance encounters. With the help of his friends, Neal hatches a scheme to lure in lonely women and cure his aching heart. Everything is going as planned until Neal meets Jane (Dorien Davies), a woman who may be just as devious as he. Iris, set in 1890, tells the story of a young girl, Iris (Agnees Koskinen) who’s living a pampered life with her mother in Stockholm. Things take a turn when Iris returns for a summer to the small, remote island of her mother’s youth and discovers a town secret that turns her views on family upside down. Reclaim Your Brain focuses on a frustrated TV station manager who manipulates ratings to initiate a TV revolution. Reclaim Your Brain was penned by Hans Weingartner and Katharina Held.
AFM: Film Festival Flix Acquires North American Rights To 3 Films
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Shameless,' 'House of Lies,' 'Episodes' Return To Showtime On January 11
- John Oliver Explains British Football To David Letterman: Video
- Discovery Studios Signs Exec Producer Rob Kerr
- National Geographic Channel Orders Series On Alaskan Log-Rafting From Gurney Productions
- 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Trailer: Christian Bale & Ridley Scott Take On 'Ten Commandments'
- Ben Affleck On 'Daily Show': Jon Stewart “Spoils” 'Gone Girl' & 'Batman Vs. Superman' (Video)