Mousetrap Films’ distribution platform Film Festival Flix has acquired North American rights to Eric Kissack’s Missed Connections, Ulrika Bengts’ coming-of-age tale Iris, and Hans Weingartner’s German drama Reclaim Your Brain. Missed Connections tells the story of a broken-hearted Neal (Kenny Stevenson), who finds the perfect diversion to his sad and tedious life: responding to posts on the Missed Connections section of Craigslist, where people leave messages describing the details of chance encounters. With the help of his friends, Neal hatches a scheme to lure in lonely women and cure his aching heart. Everything is going as planned until Neal meets Jane (Dorien Davies), a woman who may be just as devious as he. Iris, set in 1890, tells the story of a young girl, Iris (Agnees Koskinen) who’s living a pampered life with her mother in Stockholm. Things take a turn when Iris returns for a summer to the small, remote island of her mother’s youth and discovers a town secret that turns her views on family upside down. Reclaim Your Brain focuses on a frustrated TV station manager who manipulates ratings to initiate a TV revolution. Reclaim Your Brain was penned by Hans Weingartner and Katharina Held.
AFM: Film Festival Flix Acquires North American Rights To 3 Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film – AwardsLine Screening
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?