CP Media and 2&2 Productions have launched a $100 million new joint venture whose first project is to expand film and TV production in Columbia. Their first project will provide U.S. producers with upwards of 50% of financing for feature films or long-form TV movies shot in Columbia. “This is the most attractive incentive out there,” said CP Media CEO Sam Azar. “It’s not a tax credit or a rebate. This is dollar-for-dollar matching for productions filmed in Colombia.” CP Media is a subsidiary of Miami-based development company CP Group which handles cooperative ventures between Latin American and U.S. businesses. 2&2’s credits include Latin editions of American Idol, Project Runway and Sesame Street. “Even without an incentive” Colombia is a popular location, said 2&2 Production VA Daniel Garcia Mendoza. CP Group is the featured construction company on the HGTV show Urban Oasis and hopes to increase potential for tie-ins.
AFM: CP Media Launches Movie-TV Incentive For Colombia
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation