CP Media and 2&2 Productions have launched a $100 million new joint venture whose first project is to expand film and TV production in Columbia. Their first project will provide U.S. producers with upwards of 50% of financing for feature films or long-form TV movies shot in Columbia. “This is the most attractive incentive out there,” said CP Media CEO Sam Azar. “It’s not a tax credit or a rebate. This is dollar-for-dollar matching for productions filmed in Colombia.” CP Media is a subsidiary of Miami-based development company CP Group which handles cooperative ventures between Latin American and U.S. businesses. 2&2’s credits include Latin editions of American Idol, Project Runway and Sesame Street. “Even without an incentive” Colombia is a popular location, said 2&2 Production VA Daniel Garcia Mendoza. CP Group is the featured construction company on the HGTV show Urban Oasis and hopes to increase potential for tie-ins.
AFM: CP Media Launches Movie-TV Incentive For Colombia
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories