Veteran Bill Lewis most recently was EVP and GM at Summit Entertainment, where he helped guide the releases of Twilight films and Oscar Best Picture winner The Hurt Locker for the company before it was acquired by Lionsgate and staff was consolidated. Before that he headed Eastern U.S. theatrical distribution efforts at MGM. At Anchor Bay Films, he will oversee the theatrical business and develop new distribution models for the division. “Bill has a tremendous history in the theatrical business and has been key in the release of some very high-profile franchises,” Anchor Bay Entertainment president Bill Clark said. “We extremely pleased to have an executive of Bill’s caliber and experience join our senior team.” Anchor Bay Films recently picked up Billy Bob Thornton’s Jayne Mansfield’s Car and Rob Zombie’s The Lords Of Salem out of Toronto; both are scheduled for spring 2013 releases.
AFM: Anchor Bay Films Taps Ex-Summit Exec As SVP Theatrical Distribution And Marketing
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Michael Nyqvist Signs With ICM Partners
- Universal Hires Telemundo Film Music Exec; Starz Acquires ‘Tumbledown’ – Film Briefs
- ‘Aloha’ Review: Cameron Crowe Fights Bad Buzz, Summer Tentpoles With Hawaii-Set Romantic Comedy
- Peter Heller Novel ‘The Painter’ Lands With ‘Fighter’ Scribe Paul Tamasy, ‘Blackfish’ Helmer…
- CAA Adds Maren Olson To Film Finance & Sales Group
- ‘Pawn Sacrifice’ Trailer: Bobby Fischer Vs. The World In Bleecker Street’s Chess Drama