Veteran Bill Lewis most recently was EVP and GM at Summit Entertainment, where he helped guide the releases of Twilight films and Oscar Best Picture winner The Hurt Locker for the company before it was acquired by Lionsgate and staff was consolidated. Before that he headed Eastern U.S. theatrical distribution efforts at MGM. At Anchor Bay Films, he will oversee the theatrical business and develop new distribution models for the division. “Bill has a tremendous history in the theatrical business and has been key in the release of some very high-profile franchises,” Anchor Bay Entertainment president Bill Clark said. “We extremely pleased to have an executive of Bill’s caliber and experience join our senior team.” Anchor Bay Films recently picked up Billy Bob Thornton’s Jayne Mansfield’s Car and Rob Zombie’s The Lords Of Salem out of Toronto; both are scheduled for spring 2013 releases.
AFM: Anchor Bay Films Taps Ex-Summit Exec As SVP Theatrical Distribution And Marketing
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31.5M But ‘Mechanic’ Throws Wrench Into China – Intl Box Office
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA