Veteran Bill Lewis most recently was EVP and GM at Summit Entertainment, where he helped guide the releases of Twilight films and Oscar Best Picture winner The Hurt Locker for the company before it was acquired by Lionsgate and staff was consolidated. Before that he headed Eastern U.S. theatrical distribution efforts at MGM. At Anchor Bay Films, he will oversee the theatrical business and develop new distribution models for the division. “Bill has a tremendous history in the theatrical business and has been key in the release of some very high-profile franchises,” Anchor Bay Entertainment president Bill Clark said. “We extremely pleased to have an executive of Bill’s caliber and experience join our senior team.” Anchor Bay Films recently picked up Billy Bob Thornton’s Jayne Mansfield’s Car and Rob Zombie’s The Lords Of Salem out of Toronto; both are scheduled for spring 2013 releases.
AFM: Anchor Bay Films Taps Ex-Summit Exec As SVP Theatrical Distribution And Marketing
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production