EXCLUSIVE: Anchorman director Adam McKay has joined The Yes Men Are Revolting documentary as Executive Producer. McKay and Will Ferrell’s Gary Sanchez Productions will produce the film by the anti-corporate court jesters. “I’ve been a huge fan of the Yes Men for a while. They combine Sacha Baron Cohen and Michael Moore with just a slice of The Office,” said McKay today. Among the various Ferrell and McKay films they produce, Gary Sanchez Productions is also behind the comedy website Funny Or Die. The Yes Men film, which is raising some of its funds by crowd sourcing, is directed by the Men themselves, Mike Bonanno, and Andy Bichlbaum. This is their third Yes Men film. In The Yes Men Are Revolting, the duo pull hoaxes such as impersonating oil company executives to celebrate drilling in the Arctic and holding a fake pro-carbon tax Chamber of Commerce press conference. Laura Nix is producing with Alay Hayling also executive producing. McKay is repped by WME and Mosaic.
Adam McKay To Executive Produce ‘Yes Men’ Documentary
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit