ABC has picked up five additional episodes each of Friday comedies Last Man Standing and Malibu Country. After a strong launch earlier this month, both sophomore Last Man and newbie Malibu Country have been sliding in the ratings, with a steeper decline for Malibu, which started off higher. Even so, with DVR viewing included, Last Man Standing ranks as the top-rated show in Friday’s 8 PM half-hour with Adults 18-49 (2.1/7). Retaining 100% of its adult 18-49 lead-in (2.1/7) from Last Man Standing and gaining viewers, Malibu Country starring Reba McEntire stands as TV’s most-watched freshman comedy this season (8.7 million). Part of the reason for the small back order is the fact that the two shows premiered more than a month after the beginning of the season, so ABC won’t need as many episodes. With their partial back orders, Last Man and Malibu Country join new drama Nashville and new comedy The Neighbors, which received full-season pickups with back-nine orders, as did sophomore drama Scandal. New dramas Last Resort and 666 Park Ave. have been cancelled.
ABC Comedies ‘Malibu Country’ & ‘Last Man Standing’ Get Five-Episode Back Orders
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Andreeva
- Mykelti Williamson To Recur (And Sing) On ABC's 'Nashville'
- Brad Copeland To Write ABC Comedy Starring Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo
- Angela Kinsey To Topline & Co-Create ABC Buddy Comedy Produced By Darlene Hunt & Will Gluck
- CBS Buys Meatball Restaurant Comedy From Bill Lawrence, Jeff Astrof & All3Media With Production Commitment
- Q&A: Laurence Fishburne On 'Black-Ish' Comedic Turn, 'Hannibal' Return & 'CSI'
- AMC To Board Channel 4 Series 'Humans' As Xbox Entertainment Studios Downsizes Slate & Mulls Possible Future