ABC has picked up five additional episodes each of Friday comedies Last Man Standing and Malibu Country. After a strong launch earlier this month, both sophomore Last Man and newbie Malibu Country have been sliding in the ratings, with a steeper decline for Malibu, which started off higher. Even so, with DVR viewing included, Last Man Standing ranks as the top-rated show in Friday’s 8 PM half-hour with Adults 18-49 (2.1/7). Retaining 100% of its adult 18-49 lead-in (2.1/7) from Last Man Standing and gaining viewers, Malibu Country starring Reba McEntire stands as TV’s most-watched freshman comedy this season (8.7 million). Part of the reason for the small back order is the fact that the two shows premiered more than a month after the beginning of the season, so ABC won’t need as many episodes. With their partial back orders, Last Man and Malibu Country join new drama Nashville and new comedy The Neighbors, which received full-season pickups with back-nine orders, as did sophomore drama Scandal. New dramas Last Resort and 666 Park Ave. have been cancelled.
ABC Comedies ‘Malibu Country’ & ‘Last Man Standing’ Get Five-Episode Back Orders
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast