ABC, which has one family comedy with a male lead on the air in Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing, is developing another multi-camera family half-hour centered on a guy played by a stand-up comedian. The network has bought Big Children, written/executive produced by Scott Marder (It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia) and starring actor-comedian Rory Scovel (The Life And Times Of Tim). Produced by ABC Studios, it centers on a thirtysomething “only child” (Scovel) who must move home and parent his parents after they retire and revert to acting like children with too much time on their hands. Scovel is repped by CAA, which also reps Marder, Mosaic and Isaac Dunham.
ABC Develops Family Comedy Starring Comedian Rory Scovel
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks