Fox‘s new comedy The Mindy Project may have secured a supersized 24-episode order, but it is still very much a work in progress as the freshman has garnered critical praise but has yet to connect with wide audiences. Now the series is implementing creative changes midway through Season 1, which include the elimination of a character, played by regular Amanda Setton, and the downgrade of another one, played by Anna Camp, from regular to recurring. That means that for the time being creator/executive producer/star Mindy Kaling and Zoe Jarman (Betsy) will be the only female regulars on the medical comedy. According to TVLine, which broke the news, the move coincides with the show introducing a new recurring female character, Maggie, a tomboyish college friend of Mindy’s (Kaling).
A Regular Role Cut, Another Downgraded To Recurring On Fox’s ‘The Mindy Project’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix