Fox‘s new comedy The Mindy Project may have secured a supersized 24-episode order, but it is still very much a work in progress as the freshman has garnered critical praise but has yet to connect with wide audiences. Now the series is implementing creative changes midway through Season 1, which include the elimination of a character, played by regular Amanda Setton, and the downgrade of another one, played by Anna Camp, from regular to recurring. That means that for the time being creator/executive producer/star Mindy Kaling and Zoe Jarman (Betsy) will be the only female regulars on the medical comedy. According to TVLine, which broke the news, the move coincides with the show introducing a new recurring female character, Maggie, a tomboyish college friend of Mindy’s (Kaling).
A Regular Role Cut, Another Downgraded To Recurring On Fox’s ‘The Mindy Project’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot