Fox‘s new comedy The Mindy Project may have secured a supersized 24-episode order, but it is still very much a work in progress as the freshman has garnered critical praise but has yet to connect with wide audiences. Now the series is implementing creative changes midway through Season 1, which include the elimination of a character, played by regular Amanda Setton, and the downgrade of another one, played by Anna Camp, from regular to recurring. That means that for the time being creator/executive producer/star Mindy Kaling and Zoe Jarman (Betsy) will be the only female regulars on the medical comedy. According to TVLine, which broke the news, the move coincides with the show introducing a new recurring female character, Maggie, a tomboyish college friend of Mindy’s (Kaling).
A Regular Role Cut, Another Downgraded To Recurring On Fox’s ‘The Mindy Project’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring