Fox‘s new comedy The Mindy Project may have secured a supersized 24-episode order, but it is still very much a work in progress as the freshman has garnered critical praise but has yet to connect with wide audiences. Now the series is implementing creative changes midway through Season 1, which include the elimination of a character, played by regular Amanda Setton, and the downgrade of another one, played by Anna Camp, from regular to recurring. That means that for the time being creator/executive producer/star Mindy Kaling and Zoe Jarman (Betsy) will be the only female regulars on the medical comedy. According to TVLine, which broke the news, the move coincides with the show introducing a new recurring female character, Maggie, a tomboyish college friend of Mindy’s (Kaling).
A Regular Role Cut, Another Downgraded To Recurring On Fox’s ‘The Mindy Project’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…
- Jimmy Perry Dies: British TV Writer-Creator Was 93
- Cubs’ Game 6 NLCS Win Over Dodgers A Home Run For Fox Sports
- Dan Rather Probes ‘Trump Nation’ Week Before Election On Mark Cuban’s AXS-TV
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump…