Duck Dynasty hit new ratings highs last night, eclipsing cable and broadcast rivals. The A&E reality series pulled in 4.4 million total viewers for its 10:30 PM airing Wednesday, while its 10 PM show drew 4.3 million, making it the night’s No. 1 and No. 2 shows on cable. It’s 2.0 rating in the adults 18-49 demo at 10 bested FX’s American Horror Story (1.6) as well network shows like ABC’s Nashville (1.8) and NBC’s Chicago Fire (1.6). The 10 PM episode was watched by a series-high 2.5 million viewers in both the 25-54 and 18-49 demos, while the 10:30 airing was seen by 2.6 million viewers in 25-54 and 2.5 million in 18-49, both series highs. Duck Dynasty returned for its second season October 10 with an average of 3.8 million viewers for the 10 and 10:30 PM broadcasts. Gurney Productions produces the show for A&E.
A&E’s ‘Duck Dynasty’ Hits Ratings Record, Beats ‘Nashville’& ‘Chicago Fire’ In 18-49
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Patten
- 'The Walking Dead' Ratings Solid In Week 2 Against Peyton Manning & 'SNF' Rebound
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Rise, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Up Again, ABC's Night Steady
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Soar Behind Peyton Manning's Record-Breaking TD Pass
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Surge, 'America's Next Top Model' Falls, 'Cristela' Steady In Week 2 As ABC Wins Night In Demo Again
- 'Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways' Review: Dominic Patten Laments HBO & Dave Grohl's Bad Note