Duck Dynasty hit new ratings highs last night, eclipsing cable and broadcast rivals. The A&E reality series pulled in 4.4 million total viewers for its 10:30 PM airing Wednesday, while its 10 PM show drew 4.3 million, making it the night’s No. 1 and No. 2 shows on cable. It’s 2.0 rating in the adults 18-49 demo at 10 bested FX’s American Horror Story (1.6) as well network shows like ABC’s Nashville (1.8) and NBC’s Chicago Fire (1.6). The 10 PM episode was watched by a series-high 2.5 million viewers in both the 25-54 and 18-49 demos, while the 10:30 airing was seen by 2.6 million viewers in 25-54 and 2.5 million in 18-49, both series highs. Duck Dynasty returned for its second season October 10 with an average of 3.8 million viewers for the 10 and 10:30 PM broadcasts. Gurney Productions produces the show for A&E.
A&E’s ‘Duck Dynasty’ Hits Ratings Record, Beats ‘Nashville’& ‘Chicago Fire’ In 18-49
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Under Increasing Pressure After Major Sponsors Speak Out
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM