It started with Pinkberry: The Movie, and then Yom Kippur At WME and Staff Meeting: The Movie. When WME holds its all-company meeting, departments contribute in-house spoofs for the amusement of their colleagues. And Deadline has had fun airing them when we get them. The latest, directed by the team called Walter Robot, is called The Transfer. Generated by the motion picture lit department for last week’s gathering, this one adds a new wrinkle to the usual spoofery. Sure they’ve got Aaron Sorkin and Pauly Shore, but past films had dealmakers and talent playing themselves. The innovation this time is VFX, as a mailroom trainee tries to step up.
WME Motion Pic Lit Department Adds VFX To Annual Spoof Film ‘The Transfer’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- Luc Besson Must Pay More For Copying John Carpenter’s ‘Escape From New York’
- ‘Jason Bourne’ On Way To $55M To $60M; ‘Bad Moms’ Reaching For $30M; ‘Nerve’ Could Find $15M…
- ‘Astronaut Academy’ Rights Acquired With Aim To Blast Off In Film & TV
- James Schamus Debuts 'Indignation'; Oscar-Winner Barbara Kopple Charts 'Miss Sharon Jones!' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Review: Matt Damon Is Back On The Run – And That’s A Very Good Thing
- Rosamund Pike, Daniel Bruhl & Vincent Cassel In Talks To Board Jose Padilha’s ‘Entebbe’