I know, old news — but this time it comes directly from NBC and with a few new details. Beginning November 12, Willie Geist will become co-host for the 9 AM hour of Today, replacing Savannah Guthrie, who took over Ann Curry’s role as co-host for the earlier part of the infotainment show. He’ll still be a co-host of MSNBC’s Morning Joe and will have what the company calls “an expanded web presence” on his MSNBC.com video blog “Zeitgeist”, which he launched in 2007. NBC also says that Geist will contribute to NBC News shows and to the NBC Sports Group, including reports for the Olympics and NBC Sports Network. It’s widely believed that he’ll give up MSNBC’s Way Too Early With Willie Geist, but that’s not in this morning’s announcement. Geist “brings a solid news background with a keen sense of creativity and humor,” Today executive producer Jim Bell says. ”From politics to pop culture, Willie is a skilled and versatile reporter who will make a great addition at 9 AM and contribute to the entire broadcast.”
It’s Official: Willie Geist Joining ‘Today’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Latest Business News
- Review: Lerner & Loewe’s Golden ‘Brigadoon’ With Kelli O’Hara and Aasif Mandvi
- White House Celebrates Donald Trump For Not Acknowledging Sexual Assault Claims
- Fox And Viacom Lead Media Stock Rally Sparked By Merger Speculation
- ‘Transparent’ Writer Says Jeffrey Tambor Accusers Told “Their Truth” & Series Should Not “Be Taken Down”…
- Agent Cameron Mitchell Is Out At CAA; He Says Sexual Harassment Allegations “False”
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls