I know, old news — but this time it comes directly from NBC and with a few new details. Beginning November 12, Willie Geist will become co-host for the 9 AM hour of Today, replacing Savannah Guthrie, who took over Ann Curry’s role as co-host for the earlier part of the infotainment show. He’ll still be a co-host of MSNBC’s Morning Joe and will have what the company calls “an expanded web presence” on his MSNBC.com video blog “Zeitgeist”, which he launched in 2007. NBC also says that Geist will contribute to NBC News shows and to the NBC Sports Group, including reports for the Olympics and NBC Sports Network. It’s widely believed that he’ll give up MSNBC’s Way Too Early With Willie Geist, but that’s not in this morning’s announcement. Geist “brings a solid news background with a keen sense of creativity and humor,” Today executive producer Jim Bell says. ”From politics to pop culture, Willie is a skilled and versatile reporter who will make a great addition at 9 AM and contribute to the entire broadcast.”
It’s Official: Willie Geist Joining ‘Today’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Does Alibaba Plan To Take Control Of Lionsgate?
- FCC Postpones Auction Of Broadcast TV Spectrum To 2016
- When Will Big Hollywood Studios Aggressively Produce Original Shows For Digital TV?
- AMC Networks And BBC Chiefs On The Future Of BBC America
- AMC Networks Pays $200M For 49.9% Of BBC America
- Amazon Shares Fall After Q3 Losses Exceed Expectations